logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thorstenstueker  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2022 2:52:20 PM(UTC)
thorstenstueker

Yes I have tried that but there was then a licensing Issue with the Shark Pro license. I can't work and loose a big customer. That is.... but who can do anything? Nobody. I will wait till there is a solution and I hope that it will be tomorrow...I also contacted the Support but...no answer.
Tim Olson  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2022 3:27:47 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
Thorstenstueker

Check your private email for a possible resolution.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
relaxibus  
#23 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2022 11:19:33 AM(UTC)
relaxibus

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Will V14 be Apple Silicon native? I mean, until this is not done, we are like a Ferrari on off-road track. I rod that the ACIS Kernel should be ported by Spatial to native Apple Silicon in November. Any idea?

Here what I found on this forum https://forum.bricsys.co...ill-intel-rosetta2-only:
"Unfortunately we cannot create a native M1 BricsCAD in short term. Acis, the 3d modeler by Spatial that BricsCAD relies on, has no M1 native version. It was planned for January, but Spatial delayed it to November 2022. Unfortunately M1 dependency loading is an all-or-nothing thing, an executable cannot mix M1 and Intel built binaries."

FreeCAD is opening large step file much much much faster than Shark, if it will be opened.

What are the new features of V14? I'm on V12 Pro on Mac mini M1 Big Sure now, still fighting with a lot of unexpected crashes. Mesh to Analytics is buggy and doesn't work. I mean, we spend some considerable amount of money to stay with Shark and the potential is really here, but the reality is something a little sad.

Edited by user Friday, November 11, 2022 11:23:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson  
#24 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2022 1:47:37 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
>>Will V14 be Apple Silicon native?

No. Spatial sent a beta to me recently, but it will not be ready in time for a V14 release.

>>FreeCAD is opening large step file much much much faster than Shark, if it will be opened.
Shark is using Spatial/Dassault InterOp with some formats (SAT &STEP) shared between SolidWorks and CATIA. It handles 99% of the STEP processing. It is threaded but in my testing is best improved by having a SSD drive.

>>What are the new features of V14?
There is a complete listing with videos for Mac Beta testers. If you getting crashes with repeatable steps it would be great to get those examples. Most crashes in Mesh To Analytics are related to ACIS stitching where I need to send off to Spatial to fix.

Tim

Edited by user Friday, November 11, 2022 1:51:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
HDSC2D  
#25 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2022 5:12:18 PM(UTC)
HDSC2D

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
MAC just did another Ventura update to 13.0.1 and it solved one problem I was having with ViaCAD pro. Before when using the scroll wheel to zoom in or out of a drawing the view would not stay centered and skew off in every direction but center!
13.0.1 fixed that (which was the most annoying problem for me) but there are still some minor issues with curser placement on snaps, you cannot see the snaps but if you are close to a snap point it will snap on it once you click it. Same thing when hovering over a center, you cannot see the center but if you are close it will snap once you click. I have not uploaded the Beta yet.
crzymnkydev  
#26 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2022 10:12:41 AM(UTC)
crzymnkydev

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tim Olson Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately we are still resolving issues with Ventura. I'm spending the day working out text cursor and editing issues and have some tab controls not updating correctly. Apple changed some event messaging between the OS and app that requires us to make changes.

Something I have done on my Mac is to use the "new" container partitions to install two operating systems on my Mac. I use this to keep my proven OS and check out the new OS. If you go this path, be sure to back everything up. I'm super conservative and have multiple backups because I've been "burned" too many times since my first Mac 128K.

Tim

Could you please grant me access to the beta forum? I would highly appreciat, ’cause of some issues on my Mac Studio and macOS Ventura.

Thanks in advance,
Wolfgang
relaxibus  
#27 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2022 4:27:06 AM(UTC)
relaxibus

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tim Olson Go to Quoted Post
>>Will V14 be Apple Silicon native?

>>>No. Spatial sent a beta to me recently, but it will not be ready in time for a V14 release.

When we could expect the native version?

>>FreeCAD is opening large step file much much much faster than Shark, if it will be opened.
>>>Shark is using Spatial/Dassault InterOp with some formats (SAT &STEP) shared between SolidWorks and CATIA. It handles 99% of the STEP processing. It is threaded but in my testing is best improved by having a SSD drive.

Ok, but why is Freecad opening much faster and more reliable?

>>What are the new features of V14?
>>>There is a complete listing with videos for Mac Beta testers.

Could you grant me access to the Mac Beta?

>>>If you getting crashes with repeatable steps it would be great to get those examples. Most crashes in Mesh To Analytics are related to ACIS stitching where I need to send off to Spatial to fix.

I allready sent few examples to your support guy, he cames back saying there is a bug in the Mac version. We also had a screensharing meeting to show the issue. When you start the Mesh2Analytic the progress bat is not updating and it stays fix. After some time, depending on the file, it looks like to be finished, but the mesh structure remain the same. The object is then a ACIS solid, but wih the Mesh structure, even on a flat cylinder.

Tim