logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
murray  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:11:47 PM(UTC)
murray

Australia

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 85 post(s)
Ignore me, I'm wrong! The behaviour is different depending on context.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:20:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UGMENTALCASE  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:37:26 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
I tried changing the arc to a beizer curve, and a variety of other things, I got a loop da loop from one of them, and large wobbly rads, and then a small wobbly rad. I then put a line almost tangential to the arc and used the too, that was equally as bad.
NeuTechFLA  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:42:14 AM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: UGMENTALCASE Go to Quoted Post
Should I be joining curve or grouping curves? As far as I'm concerned I'd be joining them, otherwise we need a work around manual! NeuTechFLA, when you flatten drawing views do they move? Seems Sharks functions which are the same as ViaCADs have issues as well.

I have not had to (or better yet have chosen not to) flatten a view(s). Maybe this is resistance trauma from my very Old School days with I/EMS that used flattened views too. Great out of the gate the first time....but painful later on when changing things. Shark seems to be pretty stable and robust with the MTS so far. One of the reasons I purchased Shark Pro was the GD&T, which seems pretty good from the limited times I have used it. There are some quirks with placement but I need more time in the saddle with it to know it inside out.

However, when I get a moment today, I will flatten some views and try to "break" it. Report to follow.

EDIT: Why would you want or need to flatten a view if it's not required in order to create a drawing?

Edited by user Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:46:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jolyon  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:38:39 AM(UTC)
Jolyon

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Flatten will simplify - if you don't need the link to higher parentage geometry, dump it !

I too used EMS - all I can say is thank fuck those days are gone !

Rest in hell EMS!

Tim has done a truly amazing thing here - not in providing a perfect system (it doesn't exist anyway) ... but in providing a stable system that is both usable and affordable !!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:44:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jolyon attached the following image(s):
intergraph-workstation-2.jpg (24kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
UGMENTALCASE  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:01:08 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

It was when I was playing around with it. I added, into the views, a symbol. And depending on what axis plane it was developed on, depends on whether you see it in the view. So i flattened the view to test that out and it moved, but I could inded use my symbols properly
NeuTechFLA  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:30:25 PM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

Jolyon, I remember those old dual monitor stations as Intergraph MicroStation pre-1989. I was never on those stations. I started with Rev 1.4 of I/EMS in mid '89 to late '92 at rev 3.2? It was a single monitor configuration and I have only been able to find one, very small, grainy image of the GUI. I am not sure we ran the same unless the I/EMS I ran was also available on the dual station.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:34:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NeuTechFLA attached the following image(s):
IEMS.jpg (23kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

NeuTechFLA  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:33:20 PM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

UGMENTALCASE, I see the same, minute shift when flattening as well. It's slight, but there. While it should not be occurring, I guess I suggest not flattening unless you have to do so. And then, simply resolve that if some changes you will have the manually fix things. Not the best deal in the World.
jdi000  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:57:11 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Which view do you see moving when flattening? What geometry moves the view geometry or objects that were added or both?
What is the scale of the view. I tried a simple drawing but the geometry 1:1 inside the draw view did not move when flattened.

Regards

Jason

Edited by user Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:57:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Windows 11, 10
NeuTechFLA  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 2:50:11 PM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

jdi000, I want to correct my earlier post to UGMENTALCASE. I just did MTS on an "assembly" and I notice two things. Upon first placement, the orthogonal views are not aligned with one another see the image below. Once they are explicitly aligned all seems fine. Then upon flattening I notice what appears to be slight movement. I believe it is the 3D geometry getting replaced with the 2D entities, which I assume have "tolerance/line weight/precision" that may be less precise than the 3D? this may be what is perceived as movement. When zoomed in quite close, the orthogonal projections still seem aligned. This is on my system and preferences. It may be different for others.

Also, I see actual view movement whenever a view's boundary is changed/cropped. Explicit alignment is then required again to get it all correct. Maybe this is by design?
NeuTechFLA attached the following image(s):
MTS - first.jpg (336kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

UGMENTALCASE  
#50 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:04:45 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Morning all,

I've recreated it, it's when flattening a section view. Attached is a screen recording of it. And yes you get the same result if I flattened the origin view first
File Attachment(s):
flatten origin view first.mp4 (3,195kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

UGMENTALCASE  
#51 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:23:11 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

another video
File Attachment(s):
flatten origin view first.zip (2,559kb) downloaded 8 time(s).