logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amigadon  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:20:34 AM(UTC)
amigadon

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I’m not sure if you would call this a bug, or limitation of the program. I am trying to design an earth berm home with ICF walls and a shed roof. I drew a 1’ 8” rafter roof, which will probably turn out being a 1’ 8” truss, for the main part of the roof and then added two shorter roof sections to depict the tails on the truss which the framing properties are 2x4. In the frame render mode it seems to show the total roof (I’ve enclosed JPEG”S) OK, but in the shaded texture render the main part of the roof depicts what looks like a 2x4 rafter roof even though the framing properties show a 2X1’8” rafter. While righting this I had the thought that I might need to add another small roof to each side of the roof to show the soffit overhang which would be the same framing properties as the tails. Is there a better way to do this?
I went ahead and tried adding the roof soffit extension and again it displays ok in the frame rendering mode but not the texture render mode.
Are there plans to add the option of truss or rafter selection to the framing properties and maybe ridge vents and soffit vents? It would also be nice to have a monolith slab option for wall with slab. I guess you could add a stiffener bean around the perimeter of the slab and under the slab at the slab at the weight bearing wall points. Hear in Colorado most slabs used in home and garage construction require a monolith pour around the perimeter of the slab.
I t would be nice to have ICF roof added and a way to show the angles between walls and object, and a fractional calculator.

I had had JPEG's But could not figure out how to attach them to the post. I hate being a stupid old man.
File Attachment(s):
Burm Home Shed roof 3-D frame view.jpg (771kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
Burm Home Shed roof 3-D Rendered View.jpg (738kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
amigadon attached the following image(s):
Burm Home Shed roof 3-D Shade Render View with added sofit roof.jpg (422kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Burm Home Shed roof 3-D Shade Render View with added sofit roof.jpg (422kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
MaiFy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:29:23 AM(UTC)
MaiFy

Australia

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Hi Amigadon
There is another Punch forum which is more for the architectural software where they might be able to assist you more.
here is a link or
http://forums.punchsoftware.com/
This branch (Punch!cad)of the Punch software brand is more aimed at 3d modeling / engineering parts or basic plan layouts.
But you never know, someone may just pop in and give you relevant advice.

😉👍