logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 1:32:35 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hi,

Sometimes I have an object that is not displaying 'over' other objects when I would expect it to.
From my testing it appears that a factor is that one object was created in model space, and one in paper space. However it is not the expected outcome, as I would expect the object created in paperspace to be shown above.

Am I wrong about my assumptions below about how display order is defined & altered?:

a) relative layer order is first definer of what displays over what (the higher the layer position on layer list, the higher the display order), and
b) 'Arrange' functions then alter display order _only within that layer set_, and
b) when considering whether the object was drawn in paperspace vs. model space:I assume that the relationship is either order neutral OR above model space.
c) From testing I can see that if I create the filled polygon in model space (even on the same layer), I still cannot shift it behind a spline (in the same layer) drawn in paper space (even when the spline was the last created object) . I also cannot 'bring to front' the spline successfully.
d) From testing I can see that create order does not impact this outcome. (ie. the spline is the latest thing created, would expect it to be shown above.)

Issue example info:
1. The object (control point spline - to act as text leader) is on a layer listed _higher_ than the layer of the object it needs to be over (filled polygon).
2. Have repeatedly used 'Bring to Front' on the object I want on top
3. Have 'Send to Back' the filled polygon that I want at the back.
4. Have refreshed and rezoomed in case it is a display issue.
5. The filled polygon is in modelspace. The spline is in paper space.
6. The spline was the last item created.

... perhaps there is something else I need to do?

Cheers : )
____
(Viacad 2d V10 for Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6, graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB)

Edited by user Friday, August 18, 2017 9:57:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: clarified the app name, version & o/s