logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZeroLengthCurve  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2024 8:20:25 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
This may interest:

"Testing 8 Innovative New Boat Propeller Designs"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KeTh-TIhL9M&

There's also mention of an SLS 3D orinter by Micron Desktop ($2999).

Not: I have no affiliation to/with anything in the video. (Wait for the sneeze...)

I'm posting this because way back around 2014 someone here asked me to share one of my propellers (bad (awful) design effort, but I was myself operating blind since I can not ever recall PunchCAD offering a basic water-environs propeller, and I struggled intensely...), but I never did.

To kind of make up for that, I thought that this video I just ran into minutes ago will suffice for ideas.

Also, in a few weeks, I'll probably release the actual SharkCAD file of one of my 2019-2023 propellers. It is not lifted from other people, especially since in SharkCAD, stuff I make is amateurish and only getting inspiration, not working files, from others.
thanks 1 user thanked ZeroLengthCurve for this useful post.
damhave on 5/17/2024(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2024 8:27:24 AM(UTC)
ZeroLengthCurve

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I'd like to see these props scaled to fit a competition destroyer or frigate model, since hullform (entry angle, exit angle, stern cutup, bilge round, hull type, stability, wetted surface area, friction coefficients, oresence or absence of sonar head/bulb (optimized and suboptimal), and more) will definitely impact what a given navy or modeler will put on their hulls, real-world and competition realism rules having some say.

24c  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2024 2:06:27 PM(UTC)
24c

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ZeroLengthCurve Go to Quoted Post
There's also mention of an SLS 3D printer by Micron Desktop ($2999.

Yes, I know about this, some cute lateral thinking with this start up, and I've been following his progress for a while.

Mike
macOS 14.3.1 (Sonoma) - MacBook M1 Max 64GB 2TB SSD & external display - SharkCAD Pro v14.1.0 build 1654