logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CMick  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2024 9:46:43 PM(UTC)
CMick

Is there a way to draw with the assistance of the data entry fields (in the top middle section of screen)?

I want to be able to point and click with the mouse to get the general area, then fine-tune the coordinate, length and/or angle?

I have seen on other software (Plasticity for example), you can start a command, use the tab key to lock say the length while still moving the mouse to choose the other options for the command (angle for instance), it is also possible to press tab again and enter that value as well, eventually leading to everything locked and moving the mouse would not move the line at all because all values are provided.

I thought I did read about something like this in the manual or the help tutorials but for the life of me I cannot get it to function.
Shark CAD Pro 14.4.1 (Build 1653) PowerPacked
Windows 11 Pro
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX 4080
memphisjed  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2024 10:25:34 PM(UTC)
memphisjed

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Make a line, circle, ect anywhere on the screen. The top data fields can be changed at any time the object will obey. The inspector gives more options and can handle multiple objects at once.
thanks 1 user thanked memphisjed for this useful post.
MPSchmied on 3/24/2024(UTC)
CMick  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2024 3:29:06 PM(UTC)
CMick

I understand that objects can be parametric edited "after" the fact.
For some reason I think the manual or another tutorial video, I was under the impression it was possible to edit the data fields "during" the commands execution.

Thanks for the help all the same, I guess I remembered incorrectly.
Shark CAD Pro 14.4.1 (Build 1653) PowerPacked
Windows 11 Pro
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX 4080
MPSchmied  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2024 5:31:51 PM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 131 time(s) in 101 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CMick Go to Quoted Post
I understand that objects can be parametric edited "after" the fact.
This is the way in ths software and i find it better than the other methods in the other CAD Software. Draw a line and type he lenght and angle ant press enter.

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm