logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CMick  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2024 4:43:19 PM(UTC)
CMick

I am wondering if I am going the correct way about trying to get support for some fairly immediate problems trying to use SharkCAD Pro.

I am a new user and stumbling on what seem like glaringly obvious issues that should be fixed before a public release of the software.

I have tried to report these issues by: Help -> Shark Tech Support. I have then created a New Support Ticket. I have then provided information as prompted including short videos demonstrating my issues where relevant. After about a week, I have attempted to follow up by replying to the what seem like automated email messages, the replies given have just been a long the lines of we are awaiting a reply from the backend or similar.

Frankly this software has been the single most expensive software I have purchased in my entire life, so I am expecting a little more QA and support.

I have watched many of the provided videos (promotional and user help guides) and read through the manual, I am still confident this software has a huge amount of potential and could be an absolute winner, I'm just stumbling really hard at getting going like what I am seeing in the videos and manuals.

So please, how can I be efficient and effective in getting issues resolved so I can get going with this seemingly great software?
Shark CAD Pro 14.4.1 (Build 1653) PowerPacked
Windows 11 Pro
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX 4080
MaiFy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2024 5:08:35 PM(UTC)
MaiFy

Australia

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Hi Mick

I'll let the moderators respond to how their support works but many regular users are happy to help out here on the forum.
Just post the thing you are trying to do and someone will likely have a solution.
Screen shots or adding files can help get better responses.

Don't give up!
All software has its quirks and methods of doing things.
Persistence will soon make you a pro user.
Welcome to the forum
thanks 1 user thanked MaiFy for this useful post.
L. Banasky on 3/21/2024(UTC)
Tim Olson  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2024 5:39:57 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Creating a support ticket is good. Tickets are entered into a JIRA support system and assigned to a team team. If they can't figure it out, then they elevate it to development team member.

There are a lot of really knowledgable and helpful people in the forum.

If you are posting a problem to either support or forum, it's best if you can provide concise step by steps to repeat the problem and file (or subset of file).

If you can add your build number and Mac/Windows in your signature or include in your post that can also really help.

There have been ~20 updates since the first v14 release. You may want to check that you are on a current version or get a WIP build (1653).

http://www.masterviacad.com/beta/beta.php

Tim

Edited by user Thursday, March 21, 2024 6:46:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
CMick  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2024 6:56:53 PM(UTC)
CMick

Thanks for the responses.
I have updated my signature and asked for beta access from the link provided.

I did previously create support tickets, though I'm not very confident that much is happening with them. Is there another ticketing system I'm not aware of and I'm perhaps sending them to the wrong place?
I believe I tried to use the check ticket status type link but was unable to create or login successfully to check on them.
I have been relying on just replying via email but as mentioned, not really sure if much is happening there.

I can re-post what I remember on the forums, it seems that what you are saying the ticketing system would be preferred for actual broken items rather than how to do stuff items?
Windows 11 Pro
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX 4080
Tim Olson  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2024 7:59:27 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
I asked support for a status of your issues.

>> it seems that what you are saying the ticketing system would be preferred for actual broken items rather than how to do stuff items?

Ticketing system gets documented and assigned to QA personnel and if confirmed as a bug gets sent to development. Forum is not ticketed or assigned but is viewed by experienced designers/engineers.

And yes the ticketing system is for bugs and issues, not how to use the software. The best resources for for learning to use the software are:

--forum,user guide, blogs, included tutorials
--punchcad YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn8ngbwwwEZBMo1nJXSCndA/videos)
--masterviacad videos (http://www.masterviacad.com/videos/page7.html)

The above are open/free resources.

Tim

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
CMick  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2024 8:51:42 PM(UTC)
CMick

Thanks Tim,
I have downloaded and installed the Beta/WIP version.
I'm in the process of re-reporting any issues that haven't been fixed in this version.

Are you able to report back if these are coming through?
Windows 11 Pro
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX 4080