logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ArizonaMetalworks  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2023 4:57:55 PM(UTC)
ArizonaMetalworks

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to delete part of a polygon. I draw a rectangle, place 3 lines (like a U) against the long edge of the rectangle (like a channel) and cannot delete the top portion of the "channel"- that part of the rectangle that would open the channel. Can anyone tell me how to trim polygons?

Edit: I just watched a video where Tim drew two polygons, one on top of the other like the Red Cross symbol and then deleted the inside lines of the polygon. I cannot do that in V 14. Anyone know why? What am I doing wrong?

Edited by user Friday, November 24, 2023 5:19:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

damhave  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2023 5:59:55 PM(UTC)
damhave

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi,
Make sure to select the "single line" option in the polygon tool otherwise the trim tool will not work on the polygons created with the polygon tool.
Or use "Edit:Change Object Type" to change the object type of the polygons to lines before using the trim tool.
kind regards
Danny

Edited by user Friday, November 24, 2023 6:42:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

damhave attached the following image(s):
Polygon tool with single line selected.png (158kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
BR
Danny

Windows 10 Pro,
SharkCAD v14 Pro (1653),
XPS 15,9980HK
Sonoma 14.3,
SharkCAD v14 Pro (1653),
MacBook Pro 14 2023,M3
thanks 3 users thanked damhave for this useful post.
GARLIC on 11/25/2023(UTC), MPSchmied on 11/25/2023(UTC), ArizonaMetalworks on 11/27/2023(UTC)
ArizonaMetalworks  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2023 8:06:01 PM(UTC)
ArizonaMetalworks

Originally Posted by: damhave Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
Make sure to select the "single line" option in the polygon tool otherwise the trim tool will not work on the polygons created with the polygon tool.
Or use "Edit:Change Object Type" to change the object type of the polygons to lines before using the trim tool.
kind regards
Danny

Worked like a charm! I hadn't noticed you can choose a smart polygon or a line when you draw them.
Thank you,
Bill