logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
specktech  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2023 3:19:57 PM(UTC)
specktech

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 25 post(s)
This simple task is really giving me a fit.
How do you get the text to stay the way you want?
I set the text with the exact size and font I want and then it constantly resets back to a previous setting.
I have figured this out before. But reading any of the tutorials and users manuals I can't find the trick.
I know its the words in text (New) and (Selected) But I can't seem to get the text I want to stay put. Any ideas what I am missing?
specktech  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2023 3:53:51 PM(UTC)
specktech

I think I just figured out what is giving me a problem. I want to use a special font using the dimension tools. It looks like it won't stay on the font I want using the dimension tools. Kind of a bummer. I might be missing something. But normally using text I have not seen this. I just realized it must just not work with the dimension's. I will just have to enter the font and text size every time.
creativecad  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2023 4:16:49 PM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 42 post(s)
There is dimension text properties and then text properties. Make sure nothing is selected (the top of the inspector will say New). Set the size and style of your text in the text properties, not the dimension text properties.

Alternatively, set your text to the size and style you want. Right click on that text. Click on set default to make this your default text size.
ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10
thanks 2 users thanked creativecad for this useful post.
ZeroLengthCurve on 2/2/2023(UTC), specktech on 2/3/2023(UTC)
creativecad  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2023 4:27:59 PM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Use dimension text properties to set dimension text properties, and text properties for text that is not dimensions. If "scale dimensions by text size is selected", then the dimension properties will scale bigger or smaller if you increase or decrease its current font size.

Setting dimension properties can be tricky. Often I just use the set default once I get what I want.
ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10
thanks 1 user thanked creativecad for this useful post.
specktech on 2/3/2023(UTC)
specktech  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2023 2:03:08 PM(UTC)
specktech

Thank you so much for that tip creativecad.
Reading your explanation, I can tell I was not doing that quite right. Thanks again.

p.s. I always like to use custom fonts that are not necessarily called true type fonts.
Many Cad programs don't like some of the custom fonts I like to use.

So many times when certain features don't work I always think it could be these custom fonts.
Your explanation was great.

Edited by user Friday, February 3, 2023 2:11:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: additional thoughts