logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
specktech  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2023 12:06:32 AM(UTC)
specktech

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I have so many awesome programs that very rarely lock up the way ViaCAD does. It seems to me that the code must be very disorganized. So many times I will be closing a drawing and the program will just crash. It gets locked into some kind of never ending loop. I can't understand why the code can't cycle to some recovery files. Even a heavy program like Blender very rarely crashes like ViaCAD. I spent many hours modeling today and creating some amazing creations to slice and print. Just closing the files ViaCAD CRASHES. It will barely let me get back to any screens that work. Clicking close, X in corner.Constant Not responding errors. Its been like this ever since I bought ViaCAD. Super frustrated looking at my awesome model that can't even close. Oh well I saved it a bunch of times. Wish they would go back and clean those files. Instead of just stacking more bugs in the file cabinet. Such an awesome program when it works.
specktech  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2023 12:51:40 AM(UTC)
specktech

Wonder if anyone else ever sees this? To me this signals something is really wrong with the code. Many times I will go to save my model...It will start to save...Then it instantly throws a not responding error. Then it gets stuck as it's saving the file. Quite often it will save the file. But that not responding error happens all the time. Sometimes it will save very quickly with no errors. But most of the time the not responding error pops up. Just curious if anyone else sees these same not responding error messages. When saving or closing files.
MPSchmied  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2023 2:28:13 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Which ViaCAD Version and Windows version and Graphic Drivers version use you? Sometimes you can wait until the operation finish. Please watch the Process with Systeminformer, if it use still CPU when it locked, you can wait until it is finished. This can need long time, but it will be finished sometimes.

In 07/2022 i updated my Graphic driver and now i have no crashes anymore.
i dont believe that the code is so bad. Sometimes is Windows bad.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 31, 2023 2:30:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
thanks 2 users thanked MPSchmied for this useful post.
specktech on 1/31/2023(UTC), magicart on 2/2/2023(UTC)
specktech  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2023 2:47:41 AM(UTC)
specktech

Thanks for that information. I am using an older computer. Using Viacad 1582. Never checked on trying to update my graphics drivers. But I will. I use like 20 plus other programs that never have these same issues opening and closing my files. I have been testing a bunch of things. Clearing out massive amounts of data. Saving lots of files to usb thumb drives. Then I take a simple file that I created awhile back and load it. It almost every time throws that NOT RESPONDING error. The load screen dims down a little bit like the file is going crash..And then loads. But many times it snags up. And I absolutely can't understand why it crashes so many time's closing files. I use many other programs prob. around 20 to 30 other programs. They work perfectly. The only one that struggles is ViaCAD. So I guess I will check into updating my graphics driver. Seems strange that 20 to 30 other programs work flawless on my computer. Always appreciate your info. MPSchmied.
specktech  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2023 3:28:43 AM(UTC)
specktech

How can I run, Rhino 5...Blender...Alibre atom...Moi3D v3 v4 v5...TurboCAD deluxe...Wings 3d...Rocket 3f...ZW3D 2022 no save...123D design...Mach 3...CamBAM...Simplify 3d...Superslicer...YAT terminal loader...And at least 10 painting programs. And at least 10 more cad type programs. I have never had any of these problems that I constantly have to deal with using ViaCAD. I bought ViaCAD to get that text wrap function. That tool works terrible. That mesh symmetry tool is a joke. I have read so many hours of these forum pages going back 5 years. Many of these same problems were noted by many users. Go into that mesh symmetry tool and you will instantly see some bad code. I understand code and scripts just enough to know when something can't close an open file. Something is wrong. The directory gets lost. If any digits, commas, quotes are off even the slightest bit. It will hang up. I have been learning so much about this using MOI3D. You load any of those scripts with one out of place letter or command. It will not work. So it seems like that is similar to what I see in ViaCAD when it can't close a file with out crashing. But that graphics driver could be causing this. Gonna see what I can find.
File Attachment(s):
1-15-2023 Side by Side comparisons A1.PNG (816kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
12-18-2022 ViaCAD is so awesome Wow!!!.PNG (836kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
1-31-2023 Screen grab of Cage canopy from Rhino 7 SubD.PNG (550kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
specktech attached the following image(s):
1-31-2023 Cage canopy from Rhino 7 SubD.PNG (342kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
Render testing (2).jpg (285kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
12-12-2022 Image of my T- nut modification for Z axis pulley mount.PNG (64kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
9-17-2022 Nice rendition from Rhino 5 I really need Rhino!!!.PNG (265kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 2 users thanked specktech for this useful post.
MPSchmied on 1/31/2023(UTC), magicart on 2/2/2023(UTC)
specktech  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2023 3:39:17 AM(UTC)
specktech

Really wanted to show a few items I have drawn up. Just so you can see I'm determined to teach myself how to do 3d modeling.
File Attachment(s):
1-15-2023 Side by Side comparisons A1.PNG (816kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
1-16-2023 SubD Rhino Matcapped in Rocket3F Green.PNG (768kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
1-17-2023 SubD canopy Rhino7 to Moi3D A1.PNG (655kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
1-19-2023 ViaCAD stokes me out.PNG (772kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
specktech attached the following image(s):
1-27-20 So many ideas looking at this creation.PNG (290kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
1-27-2023 Blender is so awesome 65mm quad frame CHROME.PNG (356kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
1-30-2023 Best frame yet 65mm big rip.PNG (182kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 2 users thanked specktech for this useful post.
damhave on 1/31/2023(UTC), MPSchmied on 1/31/2023(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2023 9:42:56 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Originally Posted by: specktech Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for that information. I am using an older computer. Using Viacad 1582. Never checked on trying to update my graphics drivers. But I will. I use like 20 plus other programs that never have these same issues opening and closing my files. I have been testing a bunch of things. Clearing out massive amounts of data. Saving lots of files to usb thumb drives. Then I take a simple file that I created awhile back and load it. It almost every time throws that NOT RESPONDING error. The load screen dims down a little bit like the file is going crash..And then loads. But many times it snags up. And I absolutely can't understand why it crashes so many time's closing files. I use many other programs prob. around 20 to 30 other programs. They work perfectly. The only one that struggles is ViaCAD. So I guess I will check into updating my graphics driver. Seems strange that 20 to 30 other programs work flawless on my computer. Always appreciate your info. MPSchmied.

It's not graphics. I've ran this thing on my laptop (Nvidia graphics) and intel no difference between the two. I've ran it on my server which is dual CPU, 48gb ram and twin Nvidia 8gb Tesla cards. Set up for the correct thing, no difference.

I run other programs on my server and it uses everything on there and is so much faster and smoother. I tend to use it for handling massive data sets and so on. It doesn't change opening a massive sharkcad file or moving it around still jittery

I read someone on here said it's single core or something?
thanks 1 user thanked UGMENTALCASE for this useful post.
specktech on 2/1/2023(UTC)
creativecad  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2023 10:46:57 AM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 40 post(s)
I have found that running a VPN has helped. Viacad still crashes, but not near as much. Or disconnecting my internet when I can.
ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10
thanks 1 user thanked creativecad for this useful post.
MPSchmied  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2023 11:16:29 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Shark FX 9 1162 was crashing always while exit. This issue was fixed with a new graphic driver. This is reproducible. Since i have the new driver 1162 crashed no time also not because of other reasons. I have a AMD Vega 56 Graphic Card. And a AMD Ryzen.

Build 1582 is maybe not the best..... Version 11 and 12 are maybe not stable enough.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 31, 2023 11:18:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
thanks 1 user thanked MPSchmied for this useful post.
specktech  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2023 11:29:07 PM(UTC)
specktech

I really appreciate your responses.
What amazes me...Is how passionate most users of Shark and ViaCAD are.
I can just imagine how many pages of code it takes to make a program like this.
When I was trying a bunch of high end cad programs. I always thought ViaCAD was one of the most colorful and enjoyable programs. The way it functions is how my brain works.
I can complain about silly things. But knowing that a guy like Tim O. is trying to make this program better makes me happy.
Thanks for all your valuable insight Shark and Via peeps.

Wanted to just add this...I was drawing up a few models in my version of TurboCad deluxe. Sent them over to ViaCAD. dxf. They imported with the poly mesh like edges. I used that pull tool in ViaCAD. It works so well. They came out so nice and smooth. I can definitely see how TurboCad works with ViaCAD really well. I really like how TurboCAD does certain features. The way it snaps is cool. So awesome seeing how all these programs work together.

This music is so awesome for Cad modeling...Exodus...synthwave,chillwave,retrowave. Or Blackmill....Tycho.... Peace out...

Edited by user Wednesday, February 1, 2023 11:43:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: additional thoughts

thanks 1 user thanked specktech for this useful post.
Christian Hallauer on 5/16/2023(UTC)