logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
netchov  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 2:20:25 AM(UTC)
netchov

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When you first open viacad it ask to fill the key with. all the info. So I did. But every time I closed the app and re-open it registration pops back up. anybody else have this issue?

Running on macOS 13.2
specktech  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 2:34:02 AM(UTC)
specktech

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 25 post(s)
That sure sounds kind of familiar. Seems like I had to call the sales dept. And one of the guys explained that there's a strange selection key. You have to move the window to the side a little bit to get the correct selection window. Not sure if this is the same problem. But when I read it that is what I remember. Try to move the selection window or click to the side of the window. There is some kind of a strange selection window that is partially hidden. Its like a verification button at the end of the process. After you enter your license number. The last step is to scoot this last window that is partially hidden to select a verification key. After you click this hidden button. It loads the program. Sure sounds familiar.

Edited by user Thursday, January 26, 2023 2:41:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Additional steps from my memory

netchov  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 6:08:32 AM(UTC)
netchov

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There is no hidden window behind the registration window on my end. It just does not remember the settings or maybe does not have permission to write the key somewhere in the pref files.
Tim Olson  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 2:21:41 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
We have another user experiencing the same thing. I'm making a build with more logging information to try and track down.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
CNC_Kid  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 8:23:41 PM(UTC)
CNC_Kid

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tim Olson Go to Quoted Post
We have another user experiencing the same thing. I'm making a build with more logging information to try and track down.

Tim

There has to be a better way. ;)

VCpro v11-1417
Win10Pro 32GB
Xeon E3-1270-v3 3.5GHz
Asrock Extreme 9ac
Samsung SSD RAID5
nvidia GTX760