logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mcaliebe  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2023 9:30:11 AM(UTC)
mcaliebe

I have a drawing which consists of parts arranged in groups. I would like to copy a portion of the completed drawing to recreate and scale it up. Because the elements I need are part of a group, normal select won't work. I can use Deep Select to select items, but Copy/Paste doesn't function. I tried using the Ctrl Drag Copy function, but it spit out errors. (attached)

Is the only way to copy elements from a group is to ungroup everything? I can't see doing this as trying to rebuild the groups would be very difficult. I thought the Lasso select in the right click context menu might be something to try, but it too does nothing. In fact, the current documentation doesn't mention anything related to "Lasso".

Any help is appreciated.
mcaliebe attached the following image(s):
Complete Assy.png (36kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Deep selection.png (33kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Cntrl Copy Drag Error.png (68kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
ACIS Error.png (67kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
creativecad  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2023 3:59:26 PM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 42 post(s)
You could remove the items from the group that you want to copy. Then add the items back to the group after you copy them. Not sure if you could also try tracing/redrawing the items to copy with the multi line tool over top your existing drawing.
ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10