logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
XL7  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2023 11:11:43 PM(UTC)
XL7

I have been using ViaCAD for 10+ years, but I am an intermittent user.

I started a new drawing on my newer MacBook Pro with V12. The ONLY way I can make PAN function (moving the drawing around on the screen) is by pressing on the scroll wheel (center) button. This took many hours to figure out. In the past, it seemed like I always used the left mouse button. In fact, I'm unaware of anything in the Mac world that requires the use of the scroll wheel button. How is PAN supposed to work? Anyone know anything about this?

I might be mistaken, but I think there are some mice that have no center button. I'm thinking of the wireless mouse that Apple sells. I don't think it even has a center button.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 11, 2023 11:15:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TruggyDriver69  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2023 6:00:59 AM(UTC)
TruggyDriver69

Man
United States

Have you tried using the grabber tool or highlighting the object then left hold click to move the object? Also the Apple.magic mouse is the mouse you are referring to. It doesn’t have a rotary button in the center but it can still scroll. It’s basically a trackpad mouse with programmable gestures. There uses to be a program called MagicPrefs that made the mouse tolerable that could be downloaded but the API’s have deprecated with apples ongoing iOS updates. It’s a shame because like I said MagicPrefs made the mouse tolerable. Mine had a fast and deadly meeting with my living room wall.
Tim Olson  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2023 12:35:30 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
>> it seemed like I always used the left mouse button.

1. hold space key and left button to dynamic pan
2. Dynamic Pan Tool
3. Assign a short cut to dynamic pan tool

Tim

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
XL7  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2023 10:50:43 PM(UTC)
XL7

I was having multiple problems with V12. In a nutshell, I have learned that V12 is NOT compatible with Mac OS 13. I purchased version 14, and so far, it is working well with Mac OS 13.4.

It would've been nice to receive an email telling users that Mac OS 13 breaks ViaCAD version 12.