logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bbuxton  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2023 7:35:03 AM(UTC)
bbuxton

Japan

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Do the v14 releases of SharkCad work with the current AeroPack or will I have to budget for an upgrade to Aeropack too?
v14 seems to be a much stronger release than 11 and 12.

Also, a properly functioning part instancing or assembly component system is long overdue. Currently, I am having to build assemblies in DesignSpark Mechanical and export as .stp to have part instances recognised by other software. BTW the creator subscription for DesignSpark is just $12 per month!
Junior member since Concepts Unlimited V1 pre-release
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2023 11:01:44 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
>>Do the v14 releases of SharkCad work with the current AeroPack or will I have to budget for an upgrade to Aeropack too?
AeroPack is sold by DarCorp, where they let you freely move the aeropack.ini to the new release folder. If you are not sure where it is located, private email me.

>>Also, a properly functioning part instancing or assembly component system is long overdue.
We made some improvements to file XRefs but that is not in the same league as a fully constrained system solver for assembly mate/align/position.

This is something we continue to look into for our TurboCAD Windows and PunchCAD products.

Tim

Edited by user Thursday, April 20, 2023 11:02:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
bbuxton  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2023 12:38:29 AM(UTC)
bbuxton

Japan

I got it working after finding a second file that needed to be copied over.
...I still got invoiced from Darcorp following my enquiry.

Edited by user Monday, April 24, 2023 6:31:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: solved issue

murrayagain  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2023 10:49:46 PM(UTC)
murrayagain

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 8 post(s)
When I was complaining about license restrictions, I noticed in DARCorp's blurb that they were still referring to flex licensing in V12, then I noticed that they also referred to a dongle. BBuxton, are you Mac or Win? Do you use it on more than one PC? Is the dongle still necessary for V14 with aero tools, or does it just disable the aero tools if it isn't connected?

Edited by user Monday, April 24, 2023 10:53:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bbuxton  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2023 11:08:49 PM(UTC)
bbuxton

Japan

Originally Posted by: murrayagain Go to Quoted Post
When I was complaining about license restrictions, I noticed in DARCorp's blurb that they were still referring to flex licensing in V12, then I noticed that they also referred to a dongle. BBuxton, are you Mac or Win? Do you use it on more than one PC? Is the dongle still necessary for V14 with aero tools, or does it just disable the aero tools if it isn't connected?

My Aeropack license is not tied to a dongle. I run Windows 10 on an old 2012 MacPro.
I no longer use MacOs because it is slow and a lot of software no longer runs.

Tim's instruction to move Aeropack.ini is not complete.
Aeropack.ini only hold preferences, not the license information which is held in AeroTools.ini.
If I had figured out the solution before emailing Darcorp I would have saved $100. I feel the charge by Darcorp was unnecessary but I have a v14 installer now. I only use AeroPack on a single machine and worry about being charged again when I replace my PC in a few months.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 26, 2023 6:05:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked bbuxton for this useful post.
MPSchmied on 4/25/2023(UTC)
Tim Olson  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2023 1:16:24 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
>> Is the dongle still necessary for V14 with aero tools, or does it just disable the aero tools if it isn't connected?

AAA uses a dongle. Aeropack does not.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
murrayagain  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2023 1:24:05 AM(UTC)
murrayagain

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Thanks both. DARCorp's flyer is still puzzling..