logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
specktech  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2023 2:38:18 PM(UTC)
specktech

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Well...Punchcad has released V14 on the internet. Looking through the changes....I don't see why its 300 dollars to upgrade. I don't need power pack features that I already have. That mesh symmetry function should have worked originally. Oh but I can get the deform face tool that was removed from versions 11 and 12. Still no mesh to nurbs. That function is prob. to expensive for punchcad. And I wonder how many people will buy the upgrade. Then the sales dept. will tell them its only for Macs. You really did follow the Simplify 3d bad business path Punchcad. Super stoked with the program that I have and might upgrade someday. But 300 bucks is way to much. Wonder how long it will be before its even available for windows users. Think the one thing that really bothered me was how bad that mesh symmetry function worked. So many people complained about that going back quite a few years. Tim has now fixed that feature. But only for Macs. They really should send out a free update to fix that one feature.
UGMENTALCASE  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2023 3:55:07 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 303 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Yep, nothing will change here. It's happened before it'll happen again.
thanks 1 user thanked UGMENTALCASE for this useful post.
specktech on 1/23/2023(UTC)
CNC_Kid  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2023 3:32:43 PM(UTC)
CNC_Kid

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Because $300 is the discount they give on std purchase. Gotta make back some of that in upgrades.
VCpro v11-1417
Win10Pro 32GB
Xeon E3-1270-v3 3.5GHz
Asrock Extreme 9ac
Samsung SSD RAID5
nvidia GTX760
thanks 1 user thanked CNC_Kid for this useful post.
specktech on 1/23/2023(UTC)
specktech  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2023 5:45:28 PM(UTC)
specktech

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 25 post(s)
The best advice I could ever give... Is use ViaCAD and Shark it really is an amazing program, Once you figure out those buggy areas it works really good. But Take that 300 and buy Moi3d. It has so many hidden features. You have to get a little bit tech to open up the Moi3D functionality. But there is so much info. on the internet. There is like at least 100 add on scripts. So many shortcuts and Node editor. You can really learn how all this gets created. Learning how to use the internal scripts. As I learn Rhino 7. I go back to Moi3d and so many features make so much more sense. Moi3d is so wonderful. No wonder many of the best 3d artists in the world use it. Check out...Edon Guraziu. He uses Moi to start most of his models. And just to think Moi3d only costs 295 bucks. Over here in punch. Its 300 just to upgrade. That 300 bucks for me...Is getting saved for Rhino 7.

Edited by user Monday, January 23, 2023 5:49:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: corrections