logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tombstone  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2023 11:40:08 AM(UTC)
tombstone

I am running ViacadPro 11 on a HP Envy 13, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 64-bit operating system, 16GB Ram
My models get big 40MB to 100MB and moving items around the scren can be very slow and saving files can be very slow, my models have lots of facets

I am looking for sugestions as to what to buy that will run better
creativecad  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2023 7:38:47 PM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I just switched from a laptop to a Desktop with a graphics card at my job. The saving files and 3d rotation is so much better than the laptop I had. However, the split screen function still does not work well at all. I am curious if anyone has the split screen function in ViaCad or Shark that works well in Windows and what kind of graphics card and processor you are using.
ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10
posh.de  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2023 10:53:11 AM(UTC)
posh.de

Germany

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 36 post(s)
a typically high-clocked CPU with a a high single-thread rating as well as a dedicated nVidia Geforce GTX/RTX graphics card (and not a lame integrated one as e.g. an intel UHD), enough RAM (16+ GB) and a SSD (not HDD) is obvious.

The so called 'gaming' notebooks are typically good in this areas but there is less fancy/blinking stuff available too.

Do in general not look for CAD workstations, Xeon CPUs and CAD graphics cards as e.g. nVidia Quadros or Radon FirePros do cost a lot but do not have any benefit for small/medium 3D modelers.
thanks 1 user thanked posh.de for this useful post.
creativecad on 1/10/2023(UTC)