logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Skyhawk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2021 3:45:42 PM(UTC)
Skyhawk

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I just upgraded from an old V5 to V12 2d/3d. Although I start a project in V12, it always saves as V5. V 5 is still on my computer which might be the problem? Don't know why though. If I remove V5, will V12 open the V5 files? Also, a problem that occurred last night and then again, this afternoon is with the scale transformation that quits functioning normally. It works for a while then the option to choose the 3-pt. scale goes away. It locks on either 1.0 or 1.36 as the only scaling choice.

I closed everything out and reopened each version and this happens with both right away. I never had this happen before. Thanks.
MPSchmied  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 26, 2021 2:21:49 PM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Start v.12 first and then open the file. Otherwise it will start anyway v.5. V.12 is still beta..... You need the newest build. http://www.masterviacad.com/beta/beta.php
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
Skyhawk  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2021 7:57:51 AM(UTC)
Skyhawk

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have been starting with V12 first and it opens in V5. I just purchased this on December 15th. would there be a newer build since then?
MPSchmied  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2021 1:16:25 PM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Skyhawk Go to Quoted Post
I have been starting with V12 first and it opens in V5. I just purchased this on December 15th. would there be a newer build since then?

When you purchase the Software you will get the most time older builds.

You can converting your files with the Batch-Function File> Batch of the Software.

Maybe you can change the opening behavior with "open with" in the windows config, or just open it with the Open-Dialog in the software with a path copy. Software for path copy: https://www.heise.de/dow...henablage-kopieren-25007

Alternate explorer with path copy option: http://multicommander.com/

Edited by user Monday, December 27, 2021 1:17:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm