logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
UGMENTALCASE  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 1:15:57 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Hi all,

Looking for help please. I've got a model doing a MTS from it and the dimensions are flipped.
So the 3d view BOTTOM is correct for the view I want in MTS. I generate the view change to BOTTOM and the view is actually upside down.
So I view BOTTOM in the 3d model. Make a new view, generate MTS and then change view and select Mt view.

Put a dimension on it and it's back to front upside down or whatever.
I have sent this to support but as usual just being ignored. Sent them examples of it, happens with section views as well. I'm having to flip section views so the dimensions work, which again is no good because the view is looking the opposite way to what I want!
Any ideas on how to fix? I've got customers going mad at me because they want drawings and I'm having to dimension this, change all the dimensions to lines, then flip the text around. This just takes ages and is absolutely not the right way to do things.

Cheers all
File Attachment(s):
Screenshot_20211211-061739_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg (707kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 1 user thanked UGMENTALCASE for this useful post.
jlm on 12/11/2021(UTC)
jlm  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 7:43:01 AM(UTC)
jlm

Man
France

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 94 post(s)
I noticed that too.
And also noticed the absence of answer from support...
Cheers Ug
MPSchmied  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 8:04:31 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I have never seen a Dimension which was upside down. Yu have a modified config for european projection? Maybe is this the reason. I edited also the MTS template files, but you changed maybe the projection method?

Maybe you can give a example file.

Edited by user Saturday, December 11, 2021 8:05:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
UGMENTALCASE  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 3:21:03 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

How do you change the projection method? This happens all the time. If I have a basic top view I can section cut it. And the dimensions go on upside down. I flip the section view arrows and it then works fine.
I've tried everything. This is literally taking a 3d view naming it and using that view in MTS, not mods done anywhere.
For side projection views I hold ctrl and drag off the draw view frame and get the side view. It happens then.

The lack of support is laughable. Even mid email tennis they just stop answering questions about why things don't work. I've sent in to support example files, they just go quiet on me?!?!?

The flipping happens with constraints as well...... still!
Using an angle on constraints. I end up typing in -12 to make it a positive angle. Just weird behaviour.
I have questioned my startup files sometimes, but when I clear them and try the templates I get the same results.
MPSchmied  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 7:10:01 PM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Tis is maybe a Problem of v. 12, because i cant reproduce it with v. 9.
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm
MPSchmied  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2021 12:59:23 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Originally Posted by: UGMENTALCASE Go to Quoted Post
Make a new view, generate MTS and then change view and select Mt view

Sorry, i made not all to reproduce this Bug. I reproduced now a similar glitch. Just make a MTS and change the view of the 3d Draw view and it is no longer possible to create a visible dimension. It seems this is a old bug. For a Bottom View you dont need a new View. But i will test this also with new Views now.

Edit:
I made several tests again, and can say: this Bug was only the first time i was changing the view of the Isomrtric Draw View. But i was trying to recreate this with a user defined view and was not able to recreate this. Maybe you have to go outside of this draw view and back inside again or you should save and close the file and reopen it and then works it. It seems the glitch is only when you change the view and stay inside the Draw View and make dimensions.

Edited by user Sunday, December 12, 2021 1:35:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UGMENTALCASE  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2021 2:09:43 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Nope, done all sorts and it's still the same. Saved, closed re opened, all sorts and it's still there. I'm getting tired of having to find work arounds with this software.
UGMENTALCASE  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2021 2:11:20 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Well yeah I don't know why the bottom view is upside down?!?!? I'm going to test trying out changing the which way is up, either Y or Z see if that makes a difference. Either way I can't get any sense out of support so it's probably something else that won't get fixed.
MPSchmied on 12/12/2021(UTC)
murray  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2021 5:00:40 AM(UTC)
murray

Australia

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 85 post(s)
Somehow workplane related?
UGMENTALCASE  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2021 6:37:10 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Good shout Murray I'll test. I normally set to global before I do any drawing things. I'll try putting it on the same as the view and see what happens.
UGMENTALCASE  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2021 12:43:53 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

No work plane not affecting anything to do with the draw views

Interestingly enough I deleted the drawing sheet. Redid it, within the same file and it's now fine?!?!?!?!?! Even if I put a section through it (which was the troublesome area previously) and flip the section it work fine. So here's the issue, if your drawing messes about do you delete the whole thing and start again?????? Errr.... no, to me this is looking like one of those issues that because you can't always repeat will never be fixed.
Like the stepped section view. Unless it's from a default top view you don't get arrows at the end of the section line!

Edited by user Sunday, December 12, 2021 1:14:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MPSchmied on 12/12/2021(UTC)
jlm  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2021 2:36:56 PM(UTC)
jlm

Man
France

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 94 post(s)

Please, see point #3 from my old post :
http://forum.punchcad.co...sts&t=9854#post37613
Still valid, though I can't repeat on purpose today.

New point :
Flipping direction of a section view puts all dimensions upside down, or back to normal...
(select section line and change data in the inspector).
UGMENTALCASE  
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2021 2:44:41 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: jlm Go to Quoted Post

Please, see point #3 from my old post :
http://forum.punchcad.co...sts&t=9854#post37613
Still valid, though I can't repeat on purpose today.

New point :
Flipping direction of a section view puts all dimensions upside down, or back to normal...
(select section line and change data in the inspector).

Just the 3 years ago....
UGMENTALCASE  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 7:06:42 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

So here is an example of it. I have done what I did on another drawing which is delete the drawing and start again. This time I start with a basic top view. Drag off a side view, dimensions are fine. Drag off another view flips back to front?!?!!?

Video quality is a bit naff, had to reduce it to get it to upload. Despite it being well under the limit!

Edited by user Monday, December 13, 2021 7:18:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
FORUM VID.mp4 (3,804kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

UGMENTALCASE  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 1:03:44 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

More testing has revealed it's something to do with dragging views off a standard TOP view.

The attached image shows this. I've just dragged off the views to the right. The TOP view messes up, the other view does now.

This is shite to say the least. I have to use a TOP view as the main view because if you use a stepped section, you only get the arrows from a TOP view. Any other view with a stepped section you don't get arrows!
UGMENTALCASE attached the following image(s):
Untitled 1.jpg (80kb) downloaded 6 time(s).