logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
specktech  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 9:33:28 PM(UTC)
specktech

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hi there, I am a new user to ViaCad/Punch cad. I recently purchased the ViaCad 2d/3d v12. And I really like it. As of today I bought the upgrade to the pro version and the power pack upgrade. I have been trying for a few hours now to get it working. Trying every process I know with no luck. Any ideas out there. I went in and deleted all my viaCad 2d 3d files. And removed all the files from my app data files. re-booted. I go to my purchased programs on the viacad web pages. Download the pro version. Then when it loads it is still my original 2d 3d version, not the pro. I do see some strange functionality all along the way. When I go into the help files I can kind of open the upgrade page. but its hidden behind another screen. Any ideas out there? There was some kind of a problem when I gave the admin. my card number. Wonder if it takes a day or so to activate. I was told I would be getting some instructions and an email with the needed data. Surprised me when I barely received any info. I sure wanted to be having fun with my upgrades this weekend. Sure wonder if anyone knows what might be the snag?
specktech  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2021 7:43:04 AM(UTC)
specktech

Well I kept at it, And finally got the pro version running. The activation window is completely covered by a small window. I just kept trying different ways and it finally worked. Not a very smooth or streamlined process. Overall my first impression's with Viacad have been really awesome. Sure wish a tech/programmer could fix those small issues. Also the time stamps seem way off. Any whoo have a great day.
luk72  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2021 3:33:06 PM(UTC)
luk72

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Do not hope for bugfixes in this software, after version 10, no one seems to fix bugs anymore. Before that, they also released revised versions. By the way, do you have a problem with scaling windows from the "Window" menu?
thanks 1 user thanked luk72 for this useful post.
specktech on 5/18/2021(UTC)
specktech  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2021 9:48:12 PM(UTC)
specktech

Hi Luk72, That bums me out to hear that. I sure hope they can fix these problems. I went in to the windows menu. I tested the concept explorer window out. I can scale it in any direction and it seems okay. Its not getting stuck like I was reading. select mask window seems okay. But object properties and snap won't allow scaling. That seems kind of weird. Seems like all windows should be scalable. After seeing all the advances in Rhino 7 wish I would have gone that route. Bums me out that this V12 has so many issues. In my use so far it is just constantly crashing. If I go real slow and don't make any mistakes it goes along okay. But just a few to many instructions and it locks up. I have tried some heavy duty programs with basically no crashes what so ever. I get the unresponsive error way to much. Super close to asking for a refund. Gonna call punch and tell them how I feel. Feel like I was sold a unfinished program. All those fancy web pages lured me in. Maybe they can let me go back to V10 with a refund for the power pack. I don't know what to do now.