logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
farmertom  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 2:00:35 PM(UTC)
farmertom

Hello

I have recently switched to version 12 of ViaCAD 2d/3d.

Now I noticed that the push/pull function is no longer available.
In version 10 and 11 I had this function.

How can I activate this function again?

Thanks
UGMENTALCASE  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 2:10:13 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
https://www.punchcad.com/product-line-comparison

I'd contact support. I had this on V11. False advertising lead me to believe that the product had more features than it did. It says in this link that it's in your version. However there is every chance they have moved it out and not corrected the website
murray  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 10:29:53 PM(UTC)
murray

Australia

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 85 post(s)
They've taken ACIS out of 2D/3D. VC 2D/3D doesn't interop .igs, .stp and .sat anymore, no push/pull, no MTS, no blend or shell, no "advanced surface/solid modelling" - all ACIS. I started using PunchCAD at its first release, V5, in 2007 because the ACIS routines and interop made it great bang-for-buck and hugely useful as a complement to TurboCAD Pro. I bought it almost as an impulse buy and because of that, I was completely comfortable about the length of time it took me to learn to use it well (real men don't need instruction, so everything was suck it and see. Probably a year of dabbling...). I moved up to SharkFX at V7, because everything I'd done with VC is still usable. 2D/3D V12 is not an upgrade over earlier versions, and it's not a compelling first step in CAD anymore, either. The 3D printing utilities are useful, but not unique. If there was a decision between ACIS or D-C constraints, I think they made the wrong choice. The comparison page says it does Skin, Cover, Net, Extrude, Lathe, Sweep, and .dwg is the only export format remaining that can describe curved surfaces, so are these curved surfaces or meshes in .dwg?
Earlier 2D/3D also do .spl spline/polyline import by coordinate list and curve and surface by law, .dat grid nurbs surface by coordinate. Are they moved up to Pro only now too?

Edited by user Sunday, June 14, 2020 11:24:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked murray for this useful post.
GARLIC on 6/15/2020(UTC)
DBM  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2020 9:55:16 AM(UTC)
DBM

Murray, spent twenty minutes looking for the push/pull feature, then I found your post. Thank you. So, in your view, what is simplest workaround for someone who relied heavily on that function? Thank you.
UGMENTALCASE  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2020 10:50:31 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
I think if you use deep select, pick the face you should be able to drag it using the gripper.
thanks 1 user thanked UGMENTALCASE for this useful post.
DBM on 12/30/2020(UTC)