logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
creativecad  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2019 11:48:03 PM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 40 post(s)
parallel dimension example

We need a way to adjust the length of the extension lines on a parallel dimension.

AutoCad does this by rotating a linear dimension.

Best regards,

Sam Taylor
creativecad attached the following image(s):
dim parallel example.jpg (22kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10
creativecad  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 12:06:13 AM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

Also needed is a way to do running dimensions at an angle as shown in the attached drawing.

Thanks,

Sam
running dimension example.jpg (56kb) downloaded 12 time(s).

ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10
creativecad  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 12:34:44 AM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

A few more items that would be very nice.

1. Adjustable vertex points in case you click a dimension to the wrong point. You could grab the vertex point and relocate it to the right point.

2. The ability to toggle any dimension from fractions to decimals or vice versa without switching to a different standard style.

3. The ability to create or set a standard style by clicking on the dimension.

4. The ability for leaders to have multiple arrows.

5. Make the angle dimensions to be able to toggle as **shown in the attached drawing,** and fix the extension lines on the angle dimensions.

6. The ability to toggle one of the extension lines on/off and toggle them to be a centerline or continuous line.

7. The ability to rotate dimension text.

8. Really awesome, and really important, to be able to have dimensions change in a viewport when the 3d model is changed.
(This is important when you have multiple parts that are different lengths. In production, it is very time consuming if you have to redo dimensions every time you modify your part. I suppose I could put the dimensions in the model space. I'LL try that.) But still, what is the point of dimensioning on the viewport if it doesn't change when the model is changed. Just saying. I am sure the coding for that must be complicated.

Thanks,

Sam Taylor
angles example.jpg (35kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10
thanks 2 users thanked creativecad for this useful post.
GARLIC on 12/24/2019(UTC), MPSchmied on 10/6/2020(UTC)
creativecad  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 3:55:52 PM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

The more I have worked with the dimensions, the more I really like some of the features. I like that I can place dimensions very quick. I like that the leaders are easy to move around.

One thing I would like to have (in addition to all my other posts) is for the dimensions to rotate especially when I attach a dimension to a part. When I select the part with its dimension and rotate them, the dimension becomes disconnected from the part. Then I have to re-dimension the part.

Best regards
ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10
creativecad  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 9:56:53 PM(UTC)
creativecad

Man
United States

1. Tried playing around with the tolerances with fractions. Having some trouble with this. It doesn't like placing fraction tolerances right after I change the text size.

It seems to change the dimension style from fractions to one of the other styles every time I change the font size.

Would like the ability to add tolerances to multiple dimensions at a time.

2. Text in the dimensions likes to change size in the viewports when changing the dimension standard style.

Would like the ability to select multiple dimensions and change their standard style in the viewport where the text and arrows display on the sheet according to the sizes in that standard style.

3. I am sure this is already known, but adding additional text to dimensions does not always work well. You cannot center the text or right justify the text. The text overlaps with break in dimensions.

4. Would be nice to have multiline text with dimensions and leaders. I know that has been said before.

5. Would like to be able to add symbols to text and dimensions like countersink, counterbore, degrees, etc.

6. Would like to see an option for text to blot out the text background. Sometimes you have to trim out a spot in the drawing to place the text.

Thanks,

Sam

Edited by user Thursday, October 29, 2020 7:09:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ViaCad 10 Pro
ViaCad 9
Windows 10