logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
UGMENTALCASE  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:04:05 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Morning all, after a bit of guidance if possible?
I have taken a scan of a Radio-Controlled car shell. I have them trimmed a section of it down, and worked on it (smoothing exercises etc) I want to then use cloud compare to check it back to the original surface.
My issue is, the worked section (much smaller - seen in the attached image) is now a pukka surface, the larger surface is a mesh. When you use cloud compare it will only allow me to select the pukka surface first, and then the mesh. What this does is compares the distances around the edge of the part as well. I don't want that. I want the difference between the two surfaces. Is there a way to do this?

I've tried converting the mesh to surface, but again I don't want to do that because it's not going to be the original mesh/scan data I'm comparing to. All the purple lines you see are after the cloud compare, you can see it's gone around the edge and measured that distance?

I have previously painfully cut out the shape again and done it that way, but this is taking a looooooonnnnnggggg time!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:06:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UGMENTALCASE attached the following image(s):
BONNET SCAN TEST.jpg (227kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
BONNET SCAN TEST_1.jpg (183kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.