logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gtracz  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:34:57 PM(UTC)
gtracz

Hi Team!

Need some advice how to customize my ViaCAD Pro 9 User Interface to work better with multiple screens. Currently I'm working of a Mac book Pro and I have two 27" Apple Thunderbolt displays daisy chained together.

The issue I'm having the dynamic UI element at the top is stuck on my laptop screen and I would like to undock it and move it to my bigger screen.

UserPostedImage

Whats the best way to go about this?

UserPostedImage

Many Thanks!
Greg
24c  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:31:43 AM(UTC)
24c

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi Greg

Go into your MaBook, select System Preferences > Displays and click on the Arrangement tab.
You can then move the system MenuBar to the middle display.

If you right click, two finger press your ViaCAD icon in your dock, you get Options...then set the Display or Desktop to Display 1, 2 or 3 , and after a Restart ViaCAD should always open on that display when you are plugged into them.

Hope this helps
Mike

Edited by user Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:32:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

macOS 14.3.1 (Sonoma) - MacBook M1 Max 64GB 2TB SSD & external display - SharkCAD Pro v14.1.0 build 1652
thanks 1 user thanked 24c for this useful post.
gtracz on 10/19/2016(UTC)
gtracz  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:54:18 PM(UTC)
gtracz

Originally Posted by: 24c Go to Quoted Post
Hi Greg

Go into your MaBook, select System Preferences > Displays and click on the Arrangement tab.
You can then move the system MenuBar to the middle display.

If you right click, two finger press your ViaCAD icon in your dock, you get Options...then set the Display or Desktop to Display 1, 2 or 3 , and after a Restart ViaCAD should always open on that display when you are plugged into them.

Hope this helps
Mike

Thanks Mike! That worked!