logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
UGMENTALCASE  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 2:49:39 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Hi all,

I've attached a very simple model, and I can not get the centre mark working in the plan view. It works on the two holes in the first piece, and the others which are a linear array it won't go on. It adds them to the first piece.

What's going on here? Another bug?
File Attachment(s):
coffee shelf.vcp (287kb) downloaded 11 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 11:53:41 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)

The centermark works with circles (objects with centers). Is it possible you are not selecting a circle? Ie lines or polylines?

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
UGMENTALCASE  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 12:01:00 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Hi Tim,

No. So the first plate has two holes put in, one each side. Then whole plate, including holes is then linear duplicated. So when I try and apply a centre mark to the plates which are duplicated, it doesn't work. It puts the centre mark on the first plate, ie the single modelled plate with the two holes. I've put holes in the other part under neath each duplicate, and they centre mark fine.

Cheers
Tim Olson  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:43:52 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
In the original post, the file has it share of closed lines & polylines. But I did not test all the closed curves. If you have a example circle that does not apply a centerline, I would appreciate an example.

The Model to Sheet tool in ViaCAD uses the polyline option which will generally create polylines. To create exact hidden lines arcs/circles requires the PHLV5 SDK component from CATIA v5 in Shark. We do some stuff to try and backtrack out the curve that created the hidden line but sometimes it does not have all the info.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
UGMENTALCASE  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:41:43 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Hi Tim,

I have just started another test file for you and it's now not an issue. What is happening when it does this? I'm not sure if once the original file from the post is downloaded and opened, but it would not add those centre marks to the duplicated parts in the drawing view. Now when I reopen the file it's fine?

What causes it to trip itself up like this?