logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sviyaz  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 5:47:30 AM(UTC)
Sviyaz

Man

Hi all!

I'm using ViCAD10Pro (v10.0.6_1369) + PowerPack on Windows10Pro64.
The issue I faced is that I had to modify model created a month ago (and it's drawing sheet was issued too), but now, after the model modification, all the drawing views show pictures of unmodified or partially modified model.
When I press "Regen Draw View" of the "Model To Sheet" drawing tool then it prompts me that "4 views need to be regenerated", well, I press Okay and ... nothing happens except changing of "Regen Manually" property (becomes checked) of all the pseudo-updated drawing views. If I press "Regen Draw View" again it prompts me that "all draw views are up to date" what sounds as "don't believe your eyes". Screenshot attached.

At the same time, if I use "Model To Sheet" again, then a new sheet appears with views of current model revision.
Of course I can place all the dimensions and text again since no time to wait for fix, but please let me know ASAP if there is a workaround or what I do wrong way.

Looking forward for any help.
Andrey

Edited by user Thursday, June 28, 2018 5:51:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sviyaz attached the following image(s):
ViaCAD drawing views regenerating issue.png (203kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
UGMENTALCASE  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:21:03 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
I had a similar post a while back, if you have added parts you need to copy and paste from 3d world to 2d drawing view, the part you have added. It will just come into the view as normal then.

So select the new bit in the model, edit - copy. Highlight the view edit-paste

Hope this helps.
Sviyaz  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:13:32 AM(UTC)
Sviyaz

Man

Hi UGMENTALCASE.

Thank you for the reply.
Sorry for missed your post, I searched by word "drawing" but couldn't find anything similar.
And thank you for the hint, nice trick.
BTW, is it documented in terms of expected result?
I'm asking because it works somehow and all becomes a bit better, but unfortunately lines of old model are still there and make resulting drawing just useless.
Tried with "Regen Manually" and without, even tuned the Select Mask and deleted all old lines and curves - no diffs, copy-paste returns old lines back (screenshot attached).
Sviyaz attached the following image(s):
ViaCAD drawing views copy-paste issue.png (33kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

UGMENTALCASE  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:22:08 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
yeah, it's painful!

So what I found is if you select the views in the concept explorer. And then go to entities, and you will see the draw views listed. Expand them and you will see what parts make up that view. Right click the old part, and click 'remove from draw view', then you should be left with the new part. Or remove the old part before you copy and paste the new part into the view. I've attached a couple of images to help you navigate. Once done, you can drag the dimensions onto the new part, just click near the end of the dim line, and drag it to the new corner, or whatever it is.
UGMENTALCASE attached the following image(s):
image1.jpg (68kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
image 2.jpg (56kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

Sviyaz  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:12:28 AM(UTC)
Sviyaz

Man

Oh, finally, this way it works, thank you so much UGMENTALCASE!
I just had to select all object in Drawing layer by right click to get Entities available (else Entities tab is empty).
Hope somebody is going to nudge author to fix this issue.

Thank you again!
d;)