logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
UGMENTALCASE  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 3:01:46 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Rank: Guest

Joined: 3/21/2017(UTC)
Posts: 352
Man
United Kingdom

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Does anyone else have this issue.
You right click, select new work plane, on selected object. You select the face, then pick a hole centre, it asks project blah blah. If you select no, the work plane vanishes. Then if you right click and select set origin (for work plane) you literally cannot to anything.

I'm finding then you need to reset to global, then you can do it again, but when asked project blah blah, select yes, and then right click and set origin.
I thought when it says project blah blah, that would put it on centre, but doesn't?

Cheers
ViaCAD Pro 10 + Power Pack Pro
Shark CAD + Power Pack Pro
Windows 7 Pro- MSI GL72 6QC-32GB RAM
Todd Quinlan  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 01, 2018 8:21:20 AM(UTC)
Todd Quinlan

Rank: Member

Joined: 4/20/2007(UTC)
Posts: 81

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have tried to follow your steps and can not seem to repeat. What operating system/build of software are you currently using?
Todd Q
CAD Support Specialist
Encore Software/ IMSI Design
UGMENTALCASE  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 01, 2018 9:14:02 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Rank: Guest

Joined: 3/21/2017(UTC)
Posts: 352
Man
United Kingdom

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi,

I've tried it a few times this morning, after pulling my hair out yesterday with it. And sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Stability maybe?
Using windows 7 pro with latest release, can't think of the number off the top of my head.
Cheers
ViaCAD Pro 10 + Power Pack Pro
Shark CAD + Power Pack Pro
Windows 7 Pro- MSI GL72 6QC-32GB RAM
UGMENTALCASE  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 01, 2018 2:24:59 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Rank: Guest

Joined: 3/21/2017(UTC)
Posts: 352
Man
United Kingdom

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Here we go
File Attachment(s):
work plane disappears.mp4 (1,502kb) downloaded 18 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
ViaCAD Pro 10 + Power Pack Pro
Shark CAD + Power Pack Pro
Windows 7 Pro- MSI GL72 6QC-32GB RAM
luk72  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 03, 2018 6:36:49 PM(UTC)
luk72

Rank: Member

Joined: 10/17/2014(UTC)
Posts: 38

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: UGMENTALCASE Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone else have this issue.
You right click, select new work plane, on selected object. You select the face, then pick a hole centre, it asks project blah blah. If you select no, the work plane vanishes. Then if you right click and select set origin (for work plane) you literally cannot to anything.

I'm finding then you need to reset to global, then you can do it again, but when asked project blah blah, select yes, and then right click and set origin.
I thought when it says project blah blah, that would put it on centre, but doesn't?

Cheers


Maybe… Enjoy.
File Attachment(s):
set origin.mp4.mp4 (689kb) downloaded 15 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
UGMENTALCASE  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 03, 2018 10:33:20 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Rank: Guest

Joined: 3/21/2017(UTC)
Posts: 352
Man
United Kingdom

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi Luk72,

Could you try that again but click no and see what happens? My work plane disappears completely.

Cheers
ViaCAD Pro 10 + Power Pack Pro
Shark CAD + Power Pack Pro
Windows 7 Pro- MSI GL72 6QC-32GB RAM
luk72  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 3:42:29 PM(UTC)
luk72

Rank: Member

Joined: 10/17/2014(UTC)
Posts: 38

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: UGMENTALCASE Go to Quoted Post
Hi Luk72,

Could you try that again but click no and see what happens? My work plane disappears completely.

Cheers


File Attachment(s):
set origin_say no.mp4.mp4 (752kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
UGMENTALCASE  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 3:52:00 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Rank: Guest

Joined: 3/21/2017(UTC)
Posts: 352
Man
United Kingdom

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Uuum yes, this happens maybe 10% of the time with me. The other 90% my work planes disappears.
Thanks for trying, I'll put it down to a stability thing. I had a model that I had worked on the other day, opened it and aye up it's a dumb solid all of a sudden. Removed all solids and tried to rebuild with my sketches and it kept throwing up an error saying you can't do that it affects the solid! Errrr..... What solid? I deleted them!

Another part I've binned and started again!
ViaCAD Pro 10 + Power Pack Pro
Shark CAD + Power Pack Pro
Windows 7 Pro- MSI GL72 6QC-32GB RAM
BillB  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2018 4:01:54 AM(UTC)
BillB

Rank: Member

Joined: 9/24/2014(UTC)
Posts: 95
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: UGMENTALCASE Go to Quoted Post
Uuum yes, this happens maybe 10% of the time with me. The other 90% my work planes disappears.
Thanks for trying, I'll put it down to a stability thing. I had a model that I had worked on the other day, opened it and aye up it's a dumb solid all of a sudden. Removed all solids and tried to rebuild with my sketches and it kept throwing up an error saying you can't do that it affects the solid! Errrr..... What solid? I deleted them!

Another part I've binned and started again!


Deleting a solid doesn't break the link from the sketch. You have to remove the link before deleting a solid.

As for the work plane disappearing try toggling the 'Show Work PLane'
Bill Bedford

Viacad Pro 10 (1354)

OS X 10.13.1
UGMENTALCASE  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2018 4:29:46 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Rank: Guest

Joined: 3/21/2017(UTC)
Posts: 352
Man
United Kingdom

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Yeah what I'm saying is, it wasn't a dumb solid when I saved it. It was a proper model, then it went ape and I lost the part.
Toggle the work plane doesn't do anything, it's already on. And you turn it off then on again and it's still missing. You need to reset to global to show it again in my instance.

Cheers
ViaCAD Pro 10 + Power Pack Pro
Shark CAD + Power Pack Pro
Windows 7 Pro- MSI GL72 6QC-32GB RAM
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.