logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jdi000  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:09:29 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)

The text size is changing. The value in the inspector is the scaled value that you selected after the dimension was drawn. So in your example 4:1 a .25" text height will show a value of 1"user
Switch to imperial units and try. The metric might have a display issue.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
UGMENTALCASE  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:19:57 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 303 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Hi Jason, yes this is my point. Why does it scale it at all? If I don't want it scaling I make my own dim standards. With my own dim standards I mark it do not scale, and the same thing happens.
jdi000  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:19:44 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)

UG

Everything in your video appears to be working as expected.

The dimensions are being placed in a draw view scaled internal to the draw view so they are 1:1 for the overall drawing, since everything inside the draw view is scaled in your example 4:1. This is so you do not have to worry about scaling based on the draw view scale. Its done automatically. So if you want 3.5mm dimension font for your whole drawing (dimension standard) then it scales each draw view so your final drawing is the dimension size you have in your standard.

So a dimension added to a draw view is created (scaled internal to the draw view) so its the same size as if you added a dimension outside a draw view, so the entire drawing is consistent.
The value in the inspector is for the specific dimension inside the draw view so in your case the dimension font has to be added at .875mm which is 1/4 the 3.5mm since the draw view is scaling everything inside the view 4 times bigger.

Printing is a different part of the subject.

Regards

Jason
jdi000 attached the following image(s):
dims.PNG (25kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Windows 11, 10
UGMENTALCASE  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:43:21 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 303 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Riiiiiiiiight. So it's just confusing to look at, as I've set it to 3.5 and then all of a sudden it's telling me it's something else. Got it!
MPSchmied  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 3:00:38 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I am happy that a new dimension will be recalculated for the right print size. This is the only way to get the print size in a easy way without senseless manual calculating operations. On my printed sheet want i the right text size of dims, not on the monitor or for any philosophical ideas. Model to sheet is mainly for printing.

But what is wrong with it?? Wrong is that for dims text szes and line weights are only the print sizes important and not the 1:1 sizes in the drawing. Therefore the user don't have to see the 1:1 values. The User need only to see the print size values like this is in the most other Software and also in Vellum and Draftboard.

The Symbol Manager in Draftboard is very much to small. Is there a way to export the parametrical profile library to shark?

There are alot problems in shark. I wish for example multiselect, searching and sort automatically in alphabetical order for the Concept Explorer.

Why is there no import and export with draftboard available? This works only via DXF.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 13, 2018 3:15:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RAM: 32 GB | Graphic: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 | Shark FX 9 Build 1162 | Unit: mm