logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NeuTechFLA  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 5:26:25 PM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 12 post(s)
It seems it should be simple enough....but....
NeuTechFLA attached the following image(s):
052018-A.jpg (189kb) downloaded 31 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
murray  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 6:03:29 PM(UTC)
murray

Australia

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 85 post(s)
Use duplicate part with history rather than another copy method and the feature and data is available in inspector. Copy methods that leave the part description as "ACIS solid" break associations.

Edited by user Sunday, May 20, 2018 6:09:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NeuTechFLA  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 7:01:58 PM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

Originally Posted by: murray Go to Quoted Post
Use duplicate part with history rather than another copy method and the feature and data is available in inspector. Copy methods that leave the part description as "ACIS solid" break associations.

Thanks murray, I will give that a go.
UGMENTALCASE  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2018 11:58:21 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Hey Dean,

Are all those lines and arcs separate pieces? If so draw a new arc in at the new value, and new lines as well. Then find the extrude or whatever it is, right click it and click replace profile, then select all the new lines and arcs. I would say, like a lot of other things in shark/vc, the arcs aren't associative to the rest of the sketch, so you change the rad value and the new rad will be over lapping the lines next door, so it doesn't know what to do with them

Edited by user Monday, May 21, 2018 12:00:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NeuTechFLA  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 5:16:41 AM(UTC)
NeuTechFLA

Originally Posted by: UGMENTALCASE Go to Quoted Post
Hey Dean,

Are all those lines and arcs separate pieces? If so draw a new arc in at the new value, and new lines as well. Then find the extrude or whatever it is, right click it and click replace profile, then select all the new lines and arcs. I would say, like a lot of other things in shark/vc, the arcs aren't associative to the rest of the sketch, so you change the rad value and the new rad will be over lapping the lines next door, so it doesn't know what to do with them

Ah yes....the old trusty Replace Profile! My Noob status comes to bite me in the behind yet again. I have dependencies on that profile so I will most likely need to sketch (or duplicate) the whole thing again with new rads. Thanks for the veteran info.

UPDATE: The sketch is comprised of individual entities and not considered an actual 'Profile' by the Thin Extrusion. Thus, 'Replace Profile' is not working. I.E. I cannot replace individual elements of the sketch without the same error as before.

My solution: I have removed features back the original Thin Extrude, removed the radii from the sketch, driven the Thin Extrude with square corners and added explicit radii to the solid. This way I can modify the radii as I develop the product with greater ease and control.

Edited by user Monday, May 21, 2018 5:28:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified