logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dodger  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 9:23:12 AM(UTC)
Dodger

Man
United Kingdom

Hiya guys, i’m three days into the trial period. All the usual stupid problems where I can’t get things to work as the tutorials because I miss the small actions, but I’m impressed with what the software is capable of. I have though run into a problem that I just don’t seem to be able to find a solution to. Following a video the guy creates a 2d polygon and the uses the chamfer tool to put a chamfer on one corner. I can’t get this to work....really.... if I create the rectangle from straight lines it works fine but the rectangle tool won’t have it. I’ve also found playing around that the trim tool doesn’t work on it either. Is there somewhere where the rectangle can be made uneditable?
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 9:28:58 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hello

The rectangle can be created as a polygon or as individual lines. Loo k at the drop down at the top when you first activate the tool.

If you select your rectangle and all lines select it is a polygon.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
Dodger  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 1:12:43 PM(UTC)
Dodger

Man
United Kingdom

Thanks Jason, spot on. I’m back on track now.