logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
UGMENTALCASE  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 7:55:52 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 303 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Afternoon all, Having trouble with moving my axis to where I need it. If I enable gripper, go set axis, and select a point, the axis moves. Great stuff, now I need to rotate the axis down 6 degrees. I select the red side of the axis, type in the amount I need to move it hit return and nothing happens. Then my return key on the keyboard has no affect on anything until I close and re open ViaCAD.

Open ViaCAD again, try again and this time hit the blue axis, type in an angle and it rotates fine. Anyone else seeing this? Running latest version Of Pro n windows 7

Cheers
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 12:58:58 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hello UG

The gripper's 4 handles planer,scale,translate, rotate are to manipulate objects I do not believe they are meant to just move the gripper itself like you describe. If I have an object selected and perform the actions you describe it works as expected. If I have no objects selected and try to click red arc to rotate and I enter a value and hit enter the program crashes on Win 10.

You could add an infinite plane and do the manipulations you want with the gripper to the plane so you have a reference surface to then use.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
UGMENTALCASE  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 5:09:12 PM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Uuuuumm I see, weird that it works with one of them though.
I see what you're saying, and that works fine with me, but if i want to shift objects which are on an angle, the gripper comes in normal to global so i would've thought being able to move the gripper around and reposition it's origin we could swing it about to enable movement along angles etc?
jdi000  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 8:50:10 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: UGMENTALCASE Go to Quoted Post
but if i want to shift objects which are on an angle, the gripper comes in normal to global so i would've thought being able to move the gripper around and reposition it's origin we could swing it about to enable movement along angles etc?

Can you bring in object and user position gripper then use the (axis to object) to align the gripper to the objects orientation then make adjustments from there?

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
UGMENTALCASE  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:11:52 AM(UTC)
UGMENTALCASE

Man
United Kingdom

Hi, yes it does work providing you put some additional lines in. Cheers