logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Antoine  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:11:02 AM(UTC)
Antoine

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 10/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 170
Man
Switzerland

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hello Tim,

SharkPro v.10 1341

The mts module is always completely bugged.

It has been going on for 10 years now.

Please, solve this, thank you.

Antoine
www.dayer-design.ch
www.design-r.ch
SharkFX 10
MacOS 10.12.6
Mac Pro 2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 Mo
thanks 1 user thanked Antoine for this useful post.
jlm on 10/31/2017(UTC)
jlm  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:19:01 AM(UTC)
jlm

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 2/18/2007(UTC)
Posts: 910
Man
France
Location: Limours

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Antoine Go to Quoted Post
Hello Tim,
The mts module is always completely bugged.
Please, solve this, thank you.
Antoine


I support Antoine's request.
3D design with Shark is now impressively good.
2D needs care to catch-up...

2D drawings are absolutely necessary before launching an industrial project.
It is the right tool to specify :
- dimension tolerances,
- surface finishes,
- material specifications.
- process instructions for molding, cutting, treating, assembling...

For complex parts there are too many MTS flaws :
- ACIS errors,
- precise curves bugs,
- bad view displays (missing curves),
- dimensions and text bad behaviors,
- sections not working with coincident surfaces,
- irregular hatches,
- page format, fonts and layouts changing after re-opening,
- imperial inches popping in sometimes...

I call a complex part any Nurb model with threads, draft, blends & heavy history...


JL
MPSchmied  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:55:51 AM(UTC)
MPSchmied

Rank: Guest

Joined: 4/9/2017(UTC)
Posts: 95
Man
Germany

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Guest  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 5:47:08 AM(UTC)
Guest

Rank: Guest

Joined: 8/27/2014(UTC)
Posts: 395

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
MTS = Model To Sheet = 2D module of Shark
jlm  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:16:37 AM(UTC)
jlm

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 2/18/2007(UTC)
Posts: 910
Man
France
Location: Limours

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Am I the only one to get this ACIS error every time I di a Model to sheet with precise curves ?
Best regards,
JL
jlm attached the following image(s):
Capture d’écran 2017-08-23 à 15.11.42.png (191kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
Capture d’écran 2017-08-23 à 15.13.39.png (89kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
jlm  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 27, 2017 3:28:24 AM(UTC)
jlm

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 2/18/2007(UTC)
Posts: 910
Man
France
Location: Limours

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jlm Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Antoine Go to Quoted Post
Hello Tim,
The mts module is always completely bugged.
Please, solve this, thank you.
Antoine


I support Antoine's request.
3D design with Shark is now impressively good.
2D needs care to catch-up...

2D drawings are absolutely necessary before launching an industrial project.
It is the right tool to specify :
- dimension tolerances,
- surface finishes,
- material specifications.
- process instructions for molding, cutting, treating, assembling...

For complex parts there are too many MTS flaws :
- ACIS errors,
- precise curves bugs,
- bad view displays (missing curves),
- dimensions and text bad behaviors,
- sections not working with coincident surfaces,
- irregular hatches,
- page format, fonts and layouts changing after re-opening,
- imperial inches popping in sometimes...

I call a complex part any Nurb model with threads, draft, blends & heavy history...


JL


Still the same on b1355
thanks 1 user thanked jlm for this useful post.
GARLIC on 10/27/2017(UTC)
Antoine  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:47:11 AM(UTC)
Antoine

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 10/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 170
Man
Switzerland

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
+1

it's been 10 years that I ask to regularize these old bug and optimization.

Antoine
www.dayer-design.ch
www.design-r.ch
SharkFX 10
MacOS 10.12.6
Mac Pro 2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 Mo
thanks 1 user thanked Antoine for this useful post.
jlm on 10/31/2017(UTC)
jlm  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 6:15:28 AM(UTC)
jlm

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 2/18/2007(UTC)
Posts: 910
Man
France
Location: Limours

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Antoine Go to Quoted Post
+1
it's been 10 years that I ask to regularize these old bug and optimization.
Antoine


Message to Tim :
We have a fantastic 3D tool and a miserable 2D module.
It's getting worse and worse with new bugs coming in every new version.
We just can't trust the software for professional use.
I always make the MTS work on a saved-as copy, and print pdf as soon as possible because there are great chances that my file is totally messed-up the next time I re-open it :
- line style changing to mysterious "Hid"
- hatches invading space, or disappearing
- text turning to "Hebrew"
- inches coming around in my metric word
- page layouts prefs back to imperial
- precise curves totally buggy
- dimensions changing color
- detail views dumb hatches
- LINKS WITH SOLID NOT OPERATING (most of the time a solid modification is not updated in the drawing)
- ACIS errors.

jlm attached the following image(s):
Capture d’écran 2017-09-28 à 14.53.01.png (151kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
jlm  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 05, 2017 8:40:07 AM(UTC)
jlm

Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 2/18/2007(UTC)
Posts: 910
Man
France
Location: Limours

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jlm Go to Quoted Post


Message to Tim :
...
- ACIS errors.



jlm attached the following image(s):
Capture d’écran 2017-12-05 à 15.35.32.png (122kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.