logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
malcolmD  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 4:27:12 AM(UTC)
malcolmD

United Kingdom

The Text in Balloons (or other shapes) in the Callout dimensions is offset from the baloon, and is obscured by the leader when the balloon is to the left of the dimension arrow. Moreover, I cannot find a mechanism to adjust the position of the text as one can in other dimension types.

Am I missing something?

Malcolm

(the green callouts on the left of the drawing show the issue...)

thanks

Edited by user Wednesday, July 12, 2017 4:56:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Fit-out-Plumbing1-2da.vc3 (328kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
rockyroad_us  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 6:47:52 AM(UTC)
rockyroad_us

Man
United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Under the dimensions tab, change the value of the "first offset". It enlarges the circle. But there's something wrong because it is 10.0 and when retyped to 10 it changes the circle but it is not really 10.0.

Tim also I've noticed this through previous versions that when dimensioning in a new file ANSI does not stick right of way despited being the default. For instance do a dimension, and then just pull down the ANSI tab despite being already selected and the arrows change to ANSI arrows or the ANSI settings what ever they are from those settings. Which begs the question, what are the initial default dimensioning standard?

FX 7-FXPro14-1650
MacPro 11.7.4
2x2.8GHz Quad Xeon 32GB
NVIDIA 4 K5000 4GB
Work
malcolmD  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:07:06 AM(UTC)
malcolmD

United Kingdom

Yes, thanks I found the offset did change the size of the circle, but the text offset is still wrong, and if you use a call-out without the circle then the leader lines cover the text (as shown in the sample I provided)
M
jdi000  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:08:46 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hello Malcolm

The balloon dimension can be modified in the inspector object properties data tab. The width controls the circle. The check box for scale with text size will allow all parts ofthe callout dimension to change with the a change in text size. However when the box is checked it will start with the current sizes and just scale from there. So you want to uncheck this box make changes in the inspector so the callout is the size you want text and circle.

Regards
Jason

jdi000 attached the following image(s):
ballondims.PNG (33kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Windows 11, 10
thanks 1 user thanked jdi000 for this useful post.
malcolmD on 7/12/2017(UTC)
rockyroad_us  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:24:38 AM(UTC)
rockyroad_us

Man
United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Originally Posted by: malcolmD Go to Quoted Post
Yes, thanks I found the offset did change the size of the circle, but the text offset is still wrong, and if you use a call-out without the circle then the leader lines cover the text (as shown in the sample I provided)
M

Negative. The file you posted all have circles. at least all four pointing to the same spot. I didn't see any other callout. You can change the frame type to callout which is the one without the circle but the text looks good.

I'm sure you figured it out by now.
FX 7-FXPro14-1650
MacPro 11.7.4
2x2.8GHz Quad Xeon 32GB
NVIDIA 4 K5000 4GB
Work
thanks 1 user thanked rockyroad_us for this useful post.
malcolmD on 7/12/2017(UTC)