logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
don.key  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 4:10:45 PM(UTC)
don.key

Hi,

I have a ViaCad 10 Pro license, used it with Yosemite without problems and just upgraded to Sierra. Unfortunately ViaCad does not work properly now if more then one display is connected. There are many symptoms, I cannot select or 'pull out' tools from tool pallet, when I by some luck manage it then moving those sub-pallets drops them off into different place on screen then the one I actually dropped them off to etc.

This seems like ViaCad software issue, all other apps work fine.

Setup:

iMac with Nvidia card and Nvidia GFX drivers 367.15.10.35f01
OSX 10.12.3
ViaCad Pro 10.0.0 Build 1317

And I am not trying to use ViaCad across the displays, everything stays on main display.

Any ideas how this can be solved?
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 5:33:17 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
>>Any ideas how this can be solved?

I have done some testing with multiple monitors. Some configurations and resolutions may cause problems.

Try placing ViaCAD on the main monitor with the external monitor configured above or to the right.

If the above works but you are trying to take advantage of a larger external monitor set the external to main with the smaller monitor above or to the right.

If none of that works, send me your VCPPrefs.ini file located in the /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/com.encore.viacadprov10 folder.

This file contains info on your monitors and resolutions.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
don.key  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 6:06:03 AM(UTC)
don.key

Unfortunately problem still exists, Tim, are there any news on this and when fix can be expected? As it stands now VC10 is not usable on systems with multiple displays under Sierra.

Edited by user Monday, March 27, 2017 6:07:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified