logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andrew Gray  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:43:33 AM(UTC)
Andrew Gray

Man
Australia

hi all

im using the v10 14-day trail build 1317

hard to explain but when using the multiline tool how do you keep the focus on the length text box
if i draw a line say 100 press enter the focus changes to the angle for the next input
the length text is still blue..

Andrew

Edited by user Tuesday, February 7, 2017 3:20:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

horst.w  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 5:32:01 AM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I think it is not reasonable to manupulate the datas when the tool is aktive. Terminate it by double-chlick.
The MultiLine-tool draws only single lines, which can be manipulate very easy in a single way or over their verticles always two together.
To manipulate them choose the DeepSelect and aktivate in menue Edit > Show Points <. Then select with it a corner of your drawn, a cross-sign will be shown. Hold down the mouse-key and you can push the point and its lines where ever you want.
Using the data-entry you can manipulate a single partielle line in the length and the angle and close the resulting gap by using the Connect Curve-tool. - so I think -

happy drawing

horst.w, GER

Edited by user Tuesday, February 7, 2017 6:44:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

horst.w attached the following image(s):
Gripper-Cross.jpg (101kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
01 MultiLine-manipulieren.jpg (108kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
02 MultiLine-manipulieren2.jpg (109kb) downloaded 10 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
ViaCAD 9 Pro german + ViaCAD 10 Pro & PowerPack + ViaCAD 11, Win7Prof 64 Bit upgraded to Win 10 64 Bit
Andrew Gray  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:57:32 PM(UTC)
Andrew Gray

Man
Australia

Thanks for the reply

select multiline tool, pick a start point
move the cursor in the direction you want and type a length press enter (no probs)

the cursor is now at the new point, move the cursor in the direction you want, now type in the length, but now the typing goes in the angle dialog box
but the length dialog has the blue text still

sorry but i come from old autocad days using a polyline command, eg click and type length
maybe im using the tool wrong?

Andrew

horst.w  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:54:53 PM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Try the following:

Begin the multiline with an mouseclick on your startpoint;
presse the Tab-Key;
Length will be aktiv (blue);
typ in the length;
press another time the Tab-Key, the angle-field will be blue;
typ in the angle;
press Return.
The line will be drawn now.

But I think, that is not what the MultiLine offers for comfort. For such a drawing there is existing a possibility with the PrecisionsPoint. But don't ask me, I do not use it.

H.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 7, 2017 5:05:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ViaCAD 9 Pro german + ViaCAD 10 Pro & PowerPack + ViaCAD 11, Win7Prof 64 Bit upgraded to Win 10 64 Bit
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 4:55:26 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I was also just fighting this issue.
I googled it and it brought me here.
I would expect click point> drag> enter value > repeat with focus always on the length.
sharkcad 10
rokoko  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 12:23:19 AM(UTC)
rokoko

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 45 post(s)
for multiline drawing i think the "precision point" tool should be suitable. there is a video in the help menu
rokoko attached the following image(s):
precisionpointtut.png (122kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
precisionpointicon.png (46kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
viacad pro 10 powerpackpro, viacad pro 9 german, mac
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 12:27:35 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Select the “Multi Line” tool. Click at the line start point and drag the mouse to about where you want the line to end. Do not click, just tap the Tab key which will highlight the data in the Length data box, enter the length and if you need to change the angle, tab into the angle data box and enter the angle. Tap the Return key. Be sure to do this after the data entries are made. Move your mouse to the next line end and notice that when your mouse is moved, the end of the first line will jump to the location you entered. Continue moving your mouse to the end point of the next line and again do not click, instead use the Tab key and tab around back to the length data box or hold the Shift key and tab left into the Length data box. Enter the line length and angle if needed and tap the return key. Move the mouse and continue on to the third line end and repeat as above until done. Double click to end.