logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
horst.w  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 1:17:47 PM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Hi

First, this would be a reminder to my post http://forum.punchcad.co...sts&t=8306#post31657
and perhaps it is a included problem.

ViaCAD 10
For testing a 2-color-object I createt a very simple knob with a couver in the center.
Stored as Outer-ring-stl and Inner-ring-stl the import to Simplify doesn't find the right position on the Buildplate. Both object are down on table while the cover must be in high of 15 mm.

Totaly the same create with
ViaCAD 9

has the right position without anything changing in S3D, just stored as build in diffent stls and imported.

What is there going wrong ?

Regards
Horst

Annex:
V 10, stl stored as obj are ok.

H

Edited by user Sunday, January 22, 2017 1:27:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

horst.w attached the following image(s):
V9-Knopf2.jpg (52kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
V10-Knopf3.jpg (51kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
ViaCAD 9 Pro german + ViaCAD 10 Pro & PowerPack + ViaCAD 11, Win7Prof 64 Bit upgraded to Win 10 64 Bit
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 1:27:27 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Hello Horst
Could you post or email me the .vcp and .stl files and I check on my end.
Tim

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
horst.w  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 2:14:56 PM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

Please have a look to my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/...d0jqfGnq4UN0FWZXtfa?dl=0

Greetings
Horst
ViaCAD 9 Pro german + ViaCAD 10 Pro & PowerPack + ViaCAD 11, Win7Prof 64 Bit upgraded to Win 10 64 Bit
horst.w  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 5:31:36 AM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

... perhaps it is helpful, imported the both "damaged" STL-files into MeskLab produced this message:

Converting the OBJ-Files to STL with MeshLab ist also ok when imported to Simplify.

Edited by user Monday, January 23, 2017 5:33:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MeshLabMeldung.jpg (69kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

Tim Olson  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:21:39 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
>>First, this would be a reminder to my post http://forum.punchcad.co...sts&t=8306#post31657

In the image of the above post it appears you are exporting your MM part as INCH. With V10 you have the option to set the export unit.

>> Simplify doesn't find the right position on the Buildplate. Both object are down on table while the cover must be in high of 15 mm.

I downloaded your example and exported as an STL. I read the file back into ViaCAD, NetFAB, and sent to ShapeWays using their tests. In each case the part was in the correct position and valid. I suspect your app is centering the two parts to Z = 0. Is there an option to import without centering?

Regarding your error message, it may be the app does not recognize the two shells and seeing shared vertices between the two bodies. The STL format does not distinguish between bodies, it is just a collection of facets. PowerPack has a command "Separate all Parts" that rebuilds bodies from STL files based on shaded edge connectivity.

Regards

Tim

Edited by user Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:29:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
horst.w  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:50:57 PM(UTC)
horst.w

Germany

Hi Tim,

thanks for the answer.

I import the STL-file as coming out of ViaCAD V 10 and I have the problem.
The Auto-arrange-option of Simplify3D ist deactivated and the cover of the knob is laying on the table instead positioned in a high of 15 mm. Normally is this option aktiv, but the result is the same.

The same activities with V9-created files are ok.

What can I do?

Edited by user Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:57:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Import.jpg (76kb) downloaded 10 time(s).