logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bob La Londe  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 11:19:30 AM(UTC)
Bob La Londe

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I've been using ViaCad Pro on a 32bit machine for quite a long time. Currently Version 9 latest build according to the Help > CurrentVersion selection.

I mistakenly bought PowerPack from Punch and then realized what I wanted was PowerPakPro.

So... I bought PowerPackPro and am prepared to install VC Pro V9 on a 64 bit machine so I can use it. I have not gotten around to that yet, so I figured I'd just install the PowerPack I bought from Encore on the 32 bit machine. It seems to install, but nothing happens. Seriously. No new controls. No new functrionality. Nothing. I also never received any form of license key for it, and see no on-line registration for it. I went back and reviewed the specs and now it seems it also requires that it be installed on a 64 bit machine with a 64bit installation. Is that correct? There are a couple comments here on the forums that seem to imply regular PowerPack (not pro) will run on a 32 bit machine. Am I mistaken.

I realize I am out a few hundred dollars for my mistake, but must I make my change over to the 64 bit machine now to use either of the add-ons?

I know some will be tempted to chide me for not upgrading to a 64bit system a long time ago, but please refrain if you can/ For the most part my XP/Embedded 32 bit machine works very well, and I have a really good dual head Radeon Grpahics card in it. The only spare 7/64 machine I have available for CAD/CAM does not have a slot for it. I suppose that's the main reason I am still using my old computer for CAD/CAM. It works, and I am spoiled with having two good quality high res monitors when I am working.

Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff
www.CNCMOLDS.com
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 12:54:35 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Hi Bob

PowerPack LT and PowerPack will run on 32 bit machines. The Mesh to Analytic and Mesh to NURB in PowerPack Pro will need a 64 bit machine to use all their features. That is because they use a different kernel to provide some of the key functions which only available as 64.

You should be able to take the PowerPack Pro installer EvoSoft just provided and run it on your 32 bit machine. After you run the installer, relaunch ViaCAD and you should see the PowerPack in the menu bar.

Feel free to Private email me if you have any problems.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore