logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kartoffel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:08:47 AM(UTC)
Kartoffel

Germany

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

I made a test with my new ViaCAD 9 pro + PP Installation. I created some Quad-Mesh-Blocks and "subdivided" them three times. Then I wanted to make a solid of the whole thing with right mouse click Change Object to: solid.

I then get a message that this Option is limited to 3000 facettes?

On an other PC, I have a Testversion of Shark FX installed without Powerpack an there I get the same behavior.
But in Shark FX, there is the SubD to NURB - Function/Button to make a solid.

So, for me, the subdivision functionality is useless, when I can't make solids.

I first bought 2D/3D, now pro with pp. Obviously, now I should buy pp-pro?

Markus
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:06:32 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Hi Markus

Shark FX and PowerPack Pro license the IW SubD To NURB kernel for mesh to solids. Based on the kernel, It adds new tools to convert mesh into solids. Note the IW kernel is 64 bit only.

The Edit : Change Object to Solid uses the ACIS license to convert meshes to solids which is limited. ACIS recently added a new kernel component to support meshes, but it is an additional cost and the initial releases are not as advanced as the IW kernel for mesh conversion. I'm actively keeping an eye on it...

>>I first bought 2D/3D, now pro with pp. Obviously, now I should buy pp-pro?

If you need advanced mesh to solid that would an option. EvoSoft has created upgrade link for those who want pp pro from pp that reflects your pp purchase. This url has some example mesh conversions with pp-pro. It also bumps your build into a ViaCAD 64 build.

Tim

Edited by user Wednesday, August 3, 2016 4:43:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Kartoffel  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 2:27:13 AM(UTC)
Kartoffel

Germany

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello Tim,

thank you for the informations..
I assume, when upgrading to pp-pro (64bit), I also have to reinstall VC9pro > 64bit? At the moment, I use the german VC9pro+pp bundle. Do I have to use then the english versions, because pp-pro and the 64bit VC9pro version is only available in english?

Regards
Markus
Tim Olson  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 3:07:55 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Hello Markus,

>>I also have to reinstall VC9pro > 64bit?

Yes, it will keep your 32 bit build plus add a 64 bit build. I can private email you with steps to convert a ENG version to DE as long as you have access to a v9 German install. You will need to copy some folders from the DE build to the ENG build.

FYI, we are getting closer to a V10 beta where all builds will be 64 bit.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore