logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hatch  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 8:43:12 AM(UTC)
hatch

Hi, I am new to ViaCAD 9 2D ... perhaps it is an obvious thing I am asking here ...

I am on Mac and find it strange that ViaCAD always asks me to confirm the file name and prompt for overwrite confirmation when performing the save command.

This is contrary to the information in the user manual for the "Save" command where it says:

The Save command will write the file into the most recently saved file. No dialog will appear, as it uses the previous save information for file name and location. If you need to save the file as a new name use the Save As command.

Any ideas?

Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 9:58:14 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Is this a Mac App Store build? If so, it is due to Apple Sandboxing requirements. Sandboxing prevents the app from internally writing files to the disk outside of the protected space of the app.

Tim

Edited by user Friday, March 25, 2016 10:05:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
hatch  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 11:17:17 AM(UTC)
hatch

Hi Tim, thanks for the quick reply on this.

Yes I purchased ViaCAD from the App Store ... like a bunch of other softwares too.

The weird thing is that only ViaCAD shows this behavior ... all other apps like Pixelmator, Sketchbook and so on work the familiar way.

Regards.

Originally Posted by: Tim Olson Go to Quoted Post
Is this a Mac App Store build? If so, it is due to Apple Sandboxing requirements. Sandboxing prevents the app from internally writing files to the disk outside of the protected space of the app.

Tim