logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MaiFy  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 5:51:45 PM(UTC)
MaiFy

Australia

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I haven't found a way to select a single point when it is on top of another point.
So if I have missed a trick or you have a tip that would be appreciated.

But sometimes I want to copy and drag or just move the end of one line and not select the point below or above it.
A feature I thought that would be useful would be to zoom or scroll in to the last say 5 or 10% of a line closet to the point you would like to select, click on the line and that point would be activated.

Is this something that you other guys would find useful or as I said above, have I missed a trick?

Another tool enchantment I would find very useful is to be able to select a center point, select the double line tool and there would be a selection to add a left and right offset, say 10 above 5 below. Often i am using the point tool to divide a line up and am drawing lines and offsetting them then deleting the middle line which is a little cumbersome.

Again is this just me or would it be a useful addition?

I am a bit of a slow learner but after a few years of using this software I am still finding new and better ways to use tools and features. :-)

Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 11:52:25 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
>>I haven't found a way to select a single point when it is on top of another point.

I come across that situation as well. Perhaps extending the ambiguity dialog box to points when in deep select could help. Other suggestions?

>>and there would be a selection to add a left and right offset, say 10 above 5 below. O

Precision Point has a relative command that allows this. Pick the center as the last point and enter your relative amount in the dialog box.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
MaiFy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:16:03 AM(UTC)
MaiFy

Australia

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Thanks for the suggestion Tim.
I had a look at the precision point tool but by the time i bring up the dialogue box i may as well (for my situation) just use a work around.
Precision point would require me to Think. I make mistakes thinking, that's why I love this program, I can check my drawings precisely without doing lots of calculations and maths. :-)

Actually after I tried to use the double line tool a few times I decided it was a bit of a beast. I am a little curious what it was developed for as it seems sort of half useful as a wall drawing tool.
I probably just need to practice with it more to appreciate all its power.

I have attached my double line buttons. :-) The trouble is they don't work.

I can see by the massive response that this is an issue that hasn't been on many peoples minds. :-)
MaiFy attached the following image(s):
Offset-1a.jpg (47kb) downloaded 20 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
macnavi  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2016 5:12:33 AM(UTC)
macnavi

Netherlands

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
What about this: When you drag a box around two points that are on top of each other, a selection box pops up, like when you select solids that are behind each other, and then you can select. Hovering over the selection name will then show the connected item outlined in red.

For me it's often an issue with beziers and lines. To solve it, I move the vector an x amount, select the point, make the change, then move it the same x steps back. Or use the Translate tool to move it back.
My model steam trams at Tramfabriek.nl

Mac OS X El Capitan 10.12.5 - VC Pro v12