logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tim Olson  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2016 11:27:13 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
In the last episode of MythBusters, we finally find out the secret technology behind debunking myths: Jamie uses ViaCAD!

In the "Grand Finale" episode, around the 16 minute mark you see the distinctive ViaCAD user interface. The model is a steel wedge design attached to a semi truck that blows through 13 years of MythBuster props!

Tim

Edited by user Monday, March 14, 2016 11:31:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
murray  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2016 5:21:31 PM(UTC)
murray

Australia

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 85 post(s)
A few years ago, I read an account that Jamie gave of scanning an original to reverse engineer "the Maltese Falcon". (If I were a gentleman of letters, I would have described it as "the eponymous McGuffin from the Bogart film noir classic". Thank the Lord, I'm not, Sir, but the temptation has the compulsion of a sizeable black hole, so the inclusion is ironic, hmm?) What stuck in my mind was that he'd had it cast as a solid bronze rather than a shell, and because there was no allowance made for cooling contraction, the cast copy was conspicuously smaller than the original. PowerPack wouldn't have foreseen that, but if it had been available then, he might've found that it made some parts of the process simpler.