logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DanL  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:31:37 PM(UTC)
DanL

Do users really need 2D, Pro 9 and Shark plus add-ons? Is this marketing strategy all about the money?

To me, at least on the surface, they all appear to have the same basic (and easy to learn) interface, with progressively more capabilities as one steps up the ladder to more functionality.
Doesn't this make it a little more problematic for Tim and any others who put this all together, tracking these and insuring cross compatibility?

I guess I'm just used to basic packages that allow the developers more time to debug and develop without trying to cover a broad base of similar, but slightly different products.

Just wondering.....

Dan L
solidtooldesigns  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2016 10:56:34 AM(UTC)
solidtooldesigns

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Personally I like that they sell different versions. It's not uncommon for companies to sell different software modules or versions. I don't want to pay for all the great functionality of shark when the functionality of viacad pro is all I need. This way the company can offer more complex features for users that require these but aren't putting the cost on users that don't need/want to pay for those rich features.

I understand what your saying about the development but shark is roughly 10x the price of viacad pro and 20x the cost of 2d/3d.