logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark Boston  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:57:51 AM(UTC)
Mark Boston

I work with a colleague who uses Inventor/Autocad; up until recently he was on v2012 and he could send me dxfs which opened without problem. Now he's on 2015 and regardless of which version (R12, 2000, 2010) dxf he sends, when I import it to Shark I just have a blank page.

This is with Shark FX v7 build 968. I can import STEP files just fine from his Inventor 2015, it's just the dxf files from Autocad. We haven't asked Autodesk yet, but I'm not sure if they are even familiar with Shark, so starting here. Thanks for any help!

posh.de  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 12:10:11 PM(UTC)
posh.de

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 36 post(s)
you surely have done a "Zoom All" after importing the DXF?

ask him to save in the model space instead of a paper space, DWG v2000 should be fine.

you may want check (and convert) the DXF by yourself with the free Teigha Viewer f. Windows and Mac OS (or ADesks DWG TrueView).

btw, use the binary DWG format instead of the text-based DXF format, saves a lot of file size (~10x) and thus preferable for e.g. uploading a sample file here or emailing with your partner.

hth,
Norbert
POSH GmbH
www.posh.de
Mark Boston  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2015 3:56:35 AM(UTC)
Mark Boston

Originally Posted by: posh.de Go to Quoted Post
you surely have done a "Zoom All" after importing the DXF?

ask him to save in the model space instead of a paper space, DWG v2000 should be fine.

you may want check (and convert) the DXF by yourself with the free Teigha Viewer f. Windows and Mac OS (or ADesks DWG TrueView).

btw, use the binary DWG format instead of the text-based DXF format, saves a lot of file size (~10x) and thus preferable for e.g. uploading a sample file here or emailing with your partner.

hth,
Norbert

Thanks Norbert, yes I did a "zoom all" but no dice. I will try your suggestions today!