logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hebert  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 12:26:26 PM(UTC)
hebert

Hello,
I use ViaCAD Pro V9. I have a huge problem when I try to export my drawings into DXF or DWG format.
It crashes during the export and I am not able to finish it. It happens even with a simple drawing like a simple circle.
I would like to know if anyone has an answer about that and what I can do to solve this problem. I have ViaCad 2d/3d V8 on the same PC under Windows XP SP3 and there is no problem with this version.
I see i am not alone to have this bug.
Thanks for your help
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:48:37 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hebert Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
I use ViaCAD Pro V9. I have a huge problem when I try to export my drawings into DXF or DWG format.
It crashes during the export and I am not able to finish it. It happens even with a simple drawing like a simple circle.
I would like to know if anyone has an answer about that and what I can do to solve this problem. I have ViaCad 2d/3d V8 on the same PC under Windows XP SP3 and there is no problem with this version.
Thanks for your help

Hello Hebert

What build are you running? Can you post an example file of one that crashes on export and the steps you are using to export like what setting you are using for the dxf/dwg export. What folder are you trying to export the file to?
Regards

Jason

Windows 11, 10
hebert  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 6:14:29 AM(UTC)
hebert

Originally Posted by: jdi000 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
Thanks for your help

Hello Hebert

What build are you running? Can you post an example file of one that crashes on export and the steps you are using to export like what setting you are using for the dxf/dwg export. What folder are you trying to export the file to?
Regards

Jason

Hello Jason
I use version ViaCAD 3D Pro under Windows XP SP3. I tried all possible options to export to DWG and DXF and DXF different directories named as C: \ Program Files \ Punch! Software \ ViaCAD Pro 9 FR\ Dxf without result. I own on the same PC 2D / 3D non-Pro version that I do not have this problem of export. By cons, in the Dxf directory Version 8, there is a file named adinit.dat that is not present in the new version Pro 9. Is there a connection?
The simple plot of a circle problem of export.
Thanks for your help.
File Attachment(s):
cercle.vcp (13kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
cercle.vcp (13kb) downloaded 10 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
jdi000  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 9:03:07 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

I own on the same PC 2D / 3D non-Pro version that I do not have this problem of export. By cons, in the Dxf directory Version 8, there is a file named adinit.dat that is not present in the new version Pro 9. Is there a connection?
Thanks for your help.

Hello Hebert

Did you try reinstalling ViaCAD Pro?

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
hebert  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2015 2:53:20 AM(UTC)
hebert

Originally Posted by: jdi000 Go to Quoted Post
I own on the same PC 2D / 3D non-Pro version that I do not have this problem of export. By cons, in the Dxf directory Version 8, there is a file named adinit.dat that is not present in the new version Pro 9. Is there a connection?
Thanks for your help.

Hello Hebert

Did you try reinstalling ViaCAD Pro?

Regards

Jason

Hello Jason,

I have reinstalled the software. The problem remains.
Thanks for your help.

Edited by user Friday, August 21, 2015 1:17:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jdi000  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2015 6:31:47 PM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Hello Hebert

Are you still having issues with dxf export?

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
hebert  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2015 9:14:52 AM(UTC)
hebert

Hello Jason,
I see on the forums that FreBMC to DXF export of the same problems as me. I also use the 1125 French version. My OS is Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, but I already had the problem in XP SP3. I tested the 1166 update and the problem persists. When test 1166 version, the software rejects the validity of my serial number.
Thanks for your help.
Tim Olson  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:23:41 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
Can you private email me your splash screen? I'll look into making a beta Windows French build and send to you to confirm this is no longer an issue.

Tim

Edited by user Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:24:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore