logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tem  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 12:22:55 PM(UTC)
Tem

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi All,

A client of mine sent over an IGES file for referencing. The file imports. Its a collection of parts turned into individual surfaces.
Most of the surfaces that describe each "part" are differentiated by color.
When attempting to use the selection mask, it seems that everything is always selected, no matter what color I highlight.
Its a big file, lots of tiny surfaces. Its not practical to select each surface individually.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tem
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 1:18:16 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Hi Tem

If you think it is a bug with the select mask, can you zip and send to me to take a look at?

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
Tem  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 1:54:14 PM(UTC)
Tem

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Tim,

The part is large (24mb).
So, I found a work around, or how to use the tool.
Maybe, my issue is that I thought the select mask and other functions worked a different way? I don't know.

Here is an explanation:

I thought I could use the selection mask features to specify a color of an object, click onto the graphics area, then press "COMMAND+A" to select only what I specified in the Select Mask.
It wasn't working this way.
I had to specify, click onto the graphics area, then field select across all geometry to capture only what is specified in the Select Mask.

Come to think of it, maybe a better process might be to specify select mask criteria, then have an apply button to define, then (not having to select on graphics area) "CMD+A" to select objects as defined?
I suggest this, or some other process, only because, I kept "CMD+A" and selecting all in the Select Mask dialogue box, even though my intention was to select only what had been specified.
Thanks.
Tem