logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mastermarketeer  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 5:51:26 PM(UTC)
Mastermarketeer

Hi Everyone;
I was extremely excited that you have 3D printing format export!
Although I watched most of the videos available on Youtube, the basic one which I believe was done for version 6, shows many of the tools, it seem to jump right into 3D. I have worked with Sketchup since the early 90's. I was looking for a CAD oriented package which Sketchup has really not been.

I needed something with title block capability, of which I have not yet found or Templates for Architectural import of standard sheets, whatever that is today? Basically I just need to get a bunch of floor plans and I can work on the 3D as I go. Right now I am in a crunch time for just professional presentation floor plans which I have successfully imported dxf,dwg which works very well from Autocad. I just need to be able to do dimensioning, which seems somewhat awkward so far in ViaCad Pro 9 ? I have to keep resetting each time I do a dimension?

Also would like some concept of how the layers work. If anyone knows where I can get video, or instruction on these, please let me know.Next Question: Does (VCPRO9) it have auto dimensioning?
Thanks
Frustrated CAD-less person
(Hot Door in Adobe Illustrator) labor intensive

Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 12:08:21 PM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 499 time(s) in 353 post(s)

As I create videos to help users, I post them at the masterviacad.com site, link below.

http://masterviacad.com/page7/page7.html

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
thanks 1 user thanked Tim Olson for this useful post.
Mastermarketeer on 1/18/2015(UTC)