logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kabanda  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2015 7:02:14 AM(UTC)
kabanda

I am a newby to ViaCAD but not new to the 3D editing in general, I am using ViaCAD 9.
I could swear that when I first started this problem was not there but now when I rotate the view it appears that the rotation center a good distance from the center of the object, in fact well outside the object.
This means I can not rotate the view when the image is close (working distance) and see other sides of the object (without rotating the object itself), there seems to be something similar to a 'Gimble Lock' i.e. it just stays in the same position, with slight seemingly random movements.
In order to rotate the view I need to zoom right out a fare amount and then it I can rotate the view to see other sides of the object.
Where is the setting that sets the center of 'view' rotation? I cannot find it.

The other question is that I come from Cubify Invent and so far I am pleased with what I can do with ViaCAD however I miss the 'assembly' features in particular the 'constrain' features which allow you to have a rule that applies between two objects such as alignment, angle, mating, orientation etc. Is there a way to achieve these in ViaCAD or perhaps via a plug-in?

Thanking you in advance.
rokoko  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2015 11:24:22 AM(UTC)
rokoko

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 45 post(s)
hi,
usually the rotation center will be center of selected object. you can specify an arbitrary point with option-click while dynamic rotation tool is active
viacad pro 10 powerpackpro, viacad pro 9 german, mac
rockyroad_us  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2015 1:20:36 PM(UTC)
rockyroad_us

Man
United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
It almost sounds like you have something hidden that is bigger than what's visible. That would throw off the center. I presume you are using the dynamic rotate.
FX 7-FXPro14-1650
MacPro 11.7.4
2x2.8GHz Quad Xeon 32GB
NVIDIA 4 K5000 4GB
Work