logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
foff44  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 3:20:33 AM(UTC)
foff44

Hi Can someone help me please?

I am running Windows 7, and Viacad 9 2D3D, every time I start Viacad windows changes back to basic colour scheme and I get a message saying that a programme is not compatible with Windows coloour scheme.

Is there a setting I can change to stop this happening..

Thanks in advance
Tim Olson  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:42:04 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
>>Is there a setting I can change to stop this happening..

No sorry. ViaCAD is intentionally turning this off within the app such that it can do certain graphic operations.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
foff44  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 2:31:31 AM(UTC)
foff44

Originally Posted by: Tim Olson Go to Quoted Post
>>Is there a setting I can change to stop this happening..

No sorry. ViaCAD is intentionally turning this off within the app such that it can do certain graphic operations.

Tim

Hi
I got a message from ONO and he told me to change my colour scheme to "Basic and High Contrast Themes", I chose the Windows 7 Basic Theme, and the problem has gone away.
Tim Olson  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 9:51:47 AM(UTC)
Tim Olson

United States

Was thanked: 498 time(s) in 352 post(s)
>>I got a message from ONO and he told me to change my colour scheme to "Basic and High Contrast Themes", I chose the Windows 7 Basic Theme, and the problem has gone away.

This turns off the Aero features of Windows which is what we are doing internally when the app starts. I will add this info to the Tips and Tricks book, hopefully it will help others.

Tim
Tim Olson
IMSI Design/Encore
bbuxton  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 11:36:47 PM(UTC)
bbuxton

Japan

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 13 post(s)
This is still an annoying issue 4 years on from the last post. Is this ever going to be fixed?
Other applications such as Affinity Designer require that the Aero theme features are on to function correctly.
If Windows 10 fixes this then great but otherwise what????
Junior member since Concepts Unlimited V1 pre-release
posh.de  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2019 7:14:41 AM(UTC)
posh.de

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 36 post(s)
3D modelers (not 2D graphics design applications) do use OpenGL (industry standard) to output accelerated 3D screen transformations as e.g. zooming, panning, rotating etc. porcessed by the (preferrably dedicated) GPU.

For doing this the Windows 'eye candy' might need to be disabled.
POSH GmbH
www.posh.de
bbuxton  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2019 7:23:24 AM(UTC)
bbuxton

Japan

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Well with the exception of Ashlar-Vellum Cobalt every other mainstream 3D and CAD application manages just fine.
I think your comment would stand up if it was still the 1990's, which is what it feels like using SharkCAD right now.

edit. I should add that I am not running on integrated graphics. I understand that my 12gb GTX Titan is primarily designed for games, I should not be confronted with glitchy flickering and flashing viewport when launching SharkCAD. It settles down but it is visually disturbing.
Looking ahead now that ViaCaD 11 is getting constraints restored(removed after SharkFX 8) and at some point in the future, the flagship application should catch up and get an update too. It would be nice to have constraints again but hopefully with an interface that doesn't look like I should be using Windows XP

Edited by user Saturday, March 2, 2019 7:40:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Junior member since Concepts Unlimited V1 pre-release
posh.de  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2019 8:04:15 AM(UTC)
posh.de

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 36 post(s)
most 3D CAD systems do use OpenGL besides *iirc* ADesk products and Alibre which have switched to MS Direct3D.

The implementation of OpenGL depends on the need for supporting multiple platforms as e.g. Windows and macOS either from the same or from different sources as well as the coverage type used, i.e. OGL for the model window only which requires floating dialoges to be punched *hahah* out or OGL for the complete application window incl. menus, dialogs, user controls etc.

Tim could surely elaborate... but won't change anything in the short term anyhow.
POSH GmbH
www.posh.de