logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jfc1068  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:17:23 AM(UTC)
jfc1068

In case you haven't figured it out by now, I will brook no idiocy from those who claim to know what is going on.

I don't care who I offend, Blowlamp, as long as someone who knows the answers to questions I shouldn't have to ask here in the first place, starts stepping up to the plate. And sitting in the corner and sulking because I pointed out you are being pedantic, rude, and just plain stupid shows that you are the one with the problem here pal.

If you want my money for bigger and better software, then give solutions that actually apply to the software in question. Easily half the responses I have gotten so far require using things that are NOT in this software package. Telling me I have to upgrade to the current version of the software when I haven't even knocked the dust off this one yet only succeeds in making me more bent out of shape.

Constantly telling me to do something over and over again, even though the results have not changed simply means someone is insane, and it sure ain't me. Get over the fact you guys put a new version out 4 weeks after I got this and start giving answers on how to use the version I have.
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:26:10 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jfc1068 Go to Quoted Post
In case you haven't figured it out by now, I will brook no idiocy from those who claim to know what is going on.

I don't care who I offend, Blowlamp, as long as someone who knows the answers to questions I shouldn't have to ask here in the first place, starts stepping up to the plate. And sitting in the corner and sulking because I pointed out you are being pedantic, rude, and just plain stupid shows that you are the one with the problem here pal.

If you want my money for bigger and better software, then give solutions that actually apply to the software in question. Easily half the responses I have gotten so far require using things that are NOT in this software package. Telling me I have to upgrade to the current version of the software when I haven't even knocked the dust off this one yet only succeeds in making me more bent out of shape.

Constatntly telling me to do something over and over again, even though the results have not changed simply means someone is insane, and it sure ain't me. Get over the fact you guys put a new version out 4 weeks after I got this and start giving answers on how to use the version I have.

jfc

most of the items you ask about work in the version you are using, others may be using a newer version , but they were trying to help just the same. There are not many users on the forum running v5 2d, so be patient and you will get help.

ViaCAD 2d V5 was released in 2007, and version 6 was just released this year in the summer. So its been about 1-1/2 years between releases. Hence the build numbers on v5 are 713 and on version 6 are up to 838.

I will help you on whatever questions you have on V5 it is loaded on my Vista laptop and I will answer questions after verifying that the v5 works, so you are getting info about ViaCAD 2d.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
jol  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:39:13 AM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I understand your frustration - there's a lot to learn. If you can keep your blood pressure on the level, it will make it easier on you.

Lots of people here to try to help
blowlamp  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:55:15 AM(UTC)
blowlamp

Originally Posted by: jfc1068 Go to Quoted Post

Constantly telling me to do something over and over again, even though the results have not changed simply means someone is insane, and it sure ain't me. Get over the fact you guys put a new version out 4 weeks after I got this and start giving answers on how to use the version I have.

When you've calmed down, will you please post an apology, because, as I've stated in the other thread, i don't work for, or represent Punch! Software in any way.