logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jfc1068  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 6:18:44 AM(UTC)
jfc1068

I tried to dimension an object. Now I have a blue dim line, no text, ticks, anything, that I cannot select to delete. What is the trick? And why does the text and ticks not show up?
jdi000  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 7:40:30 AM(UTC)
jdi000

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jfc1068 Go to Quoted Post
I tried to dimension an object. Now I have a blue dim line, no text, ticks, anything, that I cannot select to delete. What is the trick? And why does the text and ticks not show up?

Hi jfc

Drag a small selection window (left click near the line and hold button down and drag small window to the left and up so it captures the dim line, and that will select the dimension so you can delete, or select the dimension and check what font size you have and arrow size they might be there but are too small to see.

Regards

Jason
Windows 11, 10
ttrw  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 3:55:32 PM(UTC)
ttrw

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
To set the arrow and text size for dimensioning, I believe that you have to deselect everything, then do your set up, otherwise your update won't stick, and you'll be loosing even more hair with frustration. This initially also confused the hell out of me too, as I came from Solidworks, and if you decided to change one size of font in SW's, every other in that same group would also be updated- probably like AutoCAD?

While we're here, have you tried QCad by Ribbonsoft? You may prefer to use this over ViaCAD 2D. I use QCad in conjunction with ViaCAD (by importing from DXF). The combination works very well.