logo
NOTICE:  This is the new PunchCAD forum. You should have received an email with your new password around August 27, 2014. If you did not, or would like it reset, simply use the Lost Password feature, and enter Answer as the security answer.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bill Cottrell  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2007 4:44:05 PM(UTC)
Bill Cottrell

I am new to concepts 2D but many (many more than I care to think about) years ago used an early version of Acad. I still remember some of how Acad worked. I am using the line command and know there must be an easier way to do what I am trying. Is it possible to call out a line by angle and/or length without first drawing a line and then editing it? What is the easy way to draw a line .105 long @ 270 degrees, from that another line 3.5 long @ 0 degrees, another from that at .325 long @ 90 degrees and then to close the box. Acad you just pushed "c" for close to do this.
I know there has to be a lot easier way to do this than I have found so far. Thanks for any help.
Bill Cottrell  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:16:11 PM(UTC)
Bill Cottrell

Duh - I guess it helps to read the manual. I figured it out (I think). It would be nice to have a normal help section rather than everything being on a .PDF file. Now if I can just figure out how to get things to rotate like I'm used to.
jol  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2007 12:02:01 PM(UTC)
jol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There is a 'dynamic help' which is html based. Not very well presented but you can get it by pressing the '?' on the top line of the current tool you're in - not sure if that helps.